The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character crashes entering Moors  (Read 340 times)

HooD!uM

Character crashes entering Moors
« on: May 12, 2008, 08:47:23 am »
bioware name :HooD!uM
character : Yvale

OK..this is whats happening...i enter the Battlehelm moors..after a few seconds game crashes..when i try to relogg with that character it crashes as soon as i logg in..i can use any othr char there and works fine just this one..please help as i need to enter there soon..( ps. character is a dark elf..possible skin problem?) thanks

Hellblazer

Re: Character crashes entering Moors
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:45 pm »
drop your video settings to 16 meg, and the slider just on top of that one to fast. Then go in advance and take out shiny water.

You can do that before entering the server in the option-> video

that will solve the problem in most cases

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 01:04:40 pm »
Check your light sources and stow them. Some funky shadow stuff that was supposedly improved in an update to the set that we don't have, so it might help.

HooD!uM

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:06:05 pm »
thanks..as soon as i get to the area ill see if it works..thanks for the quick reply :P

HooD!uM

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »
Argghh..its not working and now i have another two characters that crashed in port heampstead...keeps crashing when i try to logg in :( help!!!

minerva

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 11:27:48 pm »
Shiney waters is a killer - as is having your settings too high in hempstead - that city used to reduce my computer to a crawl until I turned the graphics down a notch

HooD!uM

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 11:32:14 pm »
its not that....ive turned my graphics all the way down crossed everything off and still nadda..i have 4 characters now that are stuck in the exact spot...

also i am running a core 2 quad Q666 , 2gig ram , radeon Hd 2600 pro... so its not the graphics...

minerva

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 11:54:04 pm »
hmm - wonder if your machine is  "too good" for the older graphics.... just a thought...

HooD!uM

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 12:15:22 am »
works fine everywhere else..only one character crshed in the moors.( i ran another one through it to check..Dezza was there to witness that one) but i hve 4 chars that crash at the exact place  in port Heampstead (right hand side of eagle when u enter main gates...and when i try to logg back in i get the error message as im zoning in

minerva

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 01:45:37 am »
Given Dezza is in your timezone, you may want to co-ordinate with him on as GM so he can pull your character to another local before they try and load into Port Hemp.
 As for what is causing it, *shrugs*  I dunno these computer mumbo jumbo stuff

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:29:49 am »
I reset the server last night, in doing so, your start location will get temporarily reset to the Eye of the Storm, which may actually allow you to port in safely.  Just for curiosity, try again and let us know.

HooD!uM

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:20:51 am »
thanks guys..i still dont know what caused it..but i just reinstalled the game and re d/l all haks/tlk..was able to logg into one of the chars that were stuck..havent tried the rest but im sure they will be fine now..perhaps a corrupted hak file or something *shrugs*..thank for all your input on this tho..much appreciated

EdTheKet

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 02:58:27 am »
I had that, and it was due to my new ATI catalyst drivers for my radeon card (a 9800)  so I reverted back to the previous driver version and it was all good.

Then waited two versions of drivers and took those new ones and they didn't have the problem.