The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: CNR - Holy Water Production Limit  (Read 55 times)

Talan Va'lash

CNR - Holy Water Production Limit
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:31:34 am »
Currently at max of 2 per attempt.

Should probably be 5 as all alchemy (which involves similar mechanics with the batch of liquid and flasks) is limited at 5 (excluding enchantments and other non-potion alchemy stuff.)

I don't think the speed of holy water production is a big balancing factor as you can buy light and moderate potions at temples, and anything above that requires bodak teeth to make, and at that point they're the constricting/balancing factor.  Plus it makes IC sense to be able to do 5 at once.

Dorganath

RE: CNR - Holy Water Production Limit
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:36:24 am »
Alchemy's limit of 5 pertains to essences, oils and things like Alchemist's Fire, but certainly not all final products. Potions that rely on essences (cure, heal, bull's strength, etc) are limited to 3 and things like silver/titanium dips and visual effects are limited to 1.
  I guess the question here is whether holy water constitutes a final product or if it's merely an intermediate for other products.
  Nevertheless, we'll review.

Talan Va'lash

Re: CNR - Holy Water Production Limit
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 04:06:17 pm »
oh right, potions are 3.  So, I suppose holy waters should be at least changed to 3.  I suppose it could technically be a finished product, though the vast majority of its uses are as ingredients in the plethora of other recipes it's used in.

Reventage

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:24:43 pm »
The production of holy water is already restricted by how many spells you can memorise in a day so there is already a limit to how fast you can produce them. I have quite a bit of experience on creating these in batches of two and the process is quite painful considering the long animation and large quantities of holy waters usually required. I personally woudln't see anything wrong with upping the limit to 5. Switching it to three wouldn't help much.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:01:00 pm »
Upon review, Holy Water set to a max of 5 per attempt.
  Thanks all for your comments.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Re: CNR - Holy Water Production Limit
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 08:38:11 pm »
Thank you Thank you Thank you.