The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Craft problems BIG!!!!  (Read 198 times)

Niles09

Craft problems BIG!!!!
« on: July 21, 2005, 04:32:00 pm »
Sorry a little change. First I would like to say I know how to craft, I have no ranks in craft. So yesterday about 24:00 (danish time) I could easisly make a bagder skin, to a crafted one, with 50% chance. Today I cant even create a rat skin. (new: it was 50%so forget about the five) It says I have 5% chance when I reach lvl 8???? The only thing who have happened since the bagder and the rat is that I have gone from lvl 6 (rgr3/rog3) to lvl 7 (rgr4/rog3)

The rat worked, but yesterday Im very very very sure it said 40% chance for my boar skin, and now its 5% at lvl 9
   Besides there is the arrow quiver on my back..  I cant chance it from yellow, but with a dress it is black as the rest of the dress. Cant this thing be changed?

Talan Va'lash

RE: Craft problems BIG!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:54:00 pm »
Sometimes the craft convo messages get swapped, you might have recived someone elses message who was crafting at the same time.  Try it again.

As to the second question... I'm not sure what you mean

Niles09

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 05:43:00 pm »
If you make a studded leather or dress, the nek can be a arrow quiver. Bit on my very very black armor the quiver is yellow?? I cant change it

Variable

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 07:04:00 pm »
This is related to the cloth color i believe. You need to try changing those colors.

Hope this helps

twidget658

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 07:22:00 pm »
That is right, Variable, about the quiver being cloth. The studs are metal so use metal color. Rodlin wears studded jaguar so I have to buy all the different types of dyes to color everything I want to color. (Even leather armor has some cloth to it)

The dyes also have primary and secondary, play around with them, sometimes you get something that really looks great and you didn't think about before. I normally buy two of each dyes for different combinations.

Also, if you have a helmet (metal) and customize it to a hood (cloth), guess what, now you use a cloth dye not a metal.

Just some lessons that I have learned. I hope they help.

Niles09

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 11:18:00 am »
well I know about the cloth colours, I know about all the colours, its not that. Besides my main problem is still my suddenly difficulities in crafting

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 12:10:00 pm »
The craft skills have no bearing on the CNR crafting system.

The only thing those skill ranks are used for is customizing armor/weapon appearance.

You do not have to reach level 8 to cure a rat skin.  That was a display error.  Try it again, it should show correctly.  If you get something that seems bogus (like having to reach level 8 to craft the most basic skin) hit the back button and select the item again in the craft menu.  In high lag periods the craft window occasionally displays incorrectly, doing the above will refresh it and hopefully pull the correct page of text.

All armors use a palatte of six colors.  They are named cloth 1&2, leather 1&2, and metal 1&2.  Most armors use all of these, though a few of the colors may not show up with certain customization choices.

If, for example you want to make your entire armor Fuscia, you will need to dye cloth 1, cloth 2, leather 1, leather 2, metal 1, and metal 2 ALL fusica for the armor to appear entirely fuscia.

-TV

Niles09

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
ok 1. I know that the craft system isnt like the one in nwn, this is based on abilities and craft level

2. I now that there are six colours, on my studded leather non of them are yellow, mayby it simply is the colour of a quiver on a studded buy on a dress its different.

3. Mayby I been wrong in the start. Im lvl 1 craft (7 char) have +3 int + 2 wis and +3 dex. would it then be right than I have a 5% chance of creating a rat skin when I reach lvl 8 (thats what it says). I have tried to go back but it still wont work.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 03:35:00 pm »
2. Some colors may appear yellow, while not being called anything like yellow.  The appearance of the quiver is not dependant on which armor or clothing it is on (though it looks funny when combined with some "robe" types.)

3. No, that is not right.  Perhaps there's something odd going on here, try checking it again sometime when there is less lag and/or get someone else (with no or few tailoring levels) to confirm the difficulty of the rat pelt.  I'd estimate that with your stats you should have a 30-40% chance of curing a rat pelt at 1st level of tailoring.

oh, are you trying to cure it (in the tub) or tan it into leather (on the rack?)

Niles09

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 03:14:00 am »
dammit! Did I say a rat skin I meant dire rat, sorry. Im trying to cure it.

I dont understand you mean I cant change the colour of the armour, and again no parts of my armour a yellow, I havent used colours wich looked yellow, only black colours.

Thunder Pants

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 03:35:00 am »
ahh that explains a lot, the dir animals have harder pelts to work with, so it's entierly understandable that you can't cure a dire rat pelt yet

if normal badgers and boars are the same it sounds simply like you made a mistake in not realiseing that dire animals are increasingly difficult to make

Etinfall

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 09:47:00 am »
yup, any dire animals are much harder to work with.

Leanthar

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 10:04:00 am »
"...dammit! Did I say a rat skin I meant dire rat, sorry..."
  Please do not cuss on the forums.
  As to your problem I think they have solved your questions, right?

Niles09

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
sorry it want meant any angry way, it was more a laugh of myself.

Yes unless the quiver colour cant be changed my problems are solved.

Niles09

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 04:54:00 pm »
well, its expinsive but I have reached tailor lvl 2! So thats the end of that! :)