The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Creatures Regulars Eager to play - but they can't seem to find their decks!  (Read 152 times)

darkstorme

Doubtless as part of the V3 roll-out, Creatures doesn't initialize, or play.  Both avatars are facing each other from a distance of a few feet, and the only way to escape the "game floor" is to concede... and if that doesn't work, the emergency exit is inacessible, so you're stuck.

I realize there are many things to be done, but just thought I'd drop a line, as I hadn't seen it mentionned elsewhere.

Eight-Bit

Re: Creatures Regulars Eager to play - but they can't seem to fi
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:40:36 am »
Sorrow. This is one of the better extras we have too.

Dorganath

RE: Creatures Regulars Eager to play - but they can't seem to fi
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 07:50:13 am »
Unsure why this would be. This system was not touched for V3 as far as I know.

darkstorme

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:12:52 pm »
*shrugs*  It happened after the V3 rollout, so my only conclusion can be that an overridden script did something odd.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 05:29:04 pm »
99+% of the scripts from V2 were move to V3 without change.
  I don't doubt it was coincident; I was stating that I'm not sure why it would be because to my knowledge nothing was touched for that system. That also should not be interpreted as we won't look into it....only that it seems strange.  :)

darkstorme

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 06:58:51 pm »
*chuckles*  Neither would I assume that you wouldn't, nor that you deny it.  My statement was more one of helplessness... I have the original "Creatures" module, (well, "Demon Cards"), but most of the scripts are server-side, so taking apart the hakpaks isn't very illuminating in terms of script collisions.  (Intentional, I know.  I'm just a trouble-maker. ;) )  The other glitch that could have been a part of it is the new placeable HAKs.  I didn't see the card blueprints there, which could cause a premature game termination in the manner I've seen.  (Granted, I've only browsed through part of the haks, so you'd know better than I.)  Regardless, thanks for prompt responses and your continual maintenance of what is essentially an entire software rollout.  And your patience, which is best described in song... as saint-like.

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 07:03:08 pm »
The blueprints are not part of the HAKs. At best, the card icons are there. The blueprints all exist in the modules themselves, and we typically do not distribute those. On the blueprints, those too are copied over in-bulk from V3, along with many additions.
  I've developed a theory, but haven't looked into it yet. Thanks for the report though!

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 01:26:48 pm »
Update:
  Figured out the problem...just have one more issue to address. Creatures shall make a return as soon as possible.

darkstorme

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 03:49:46 pm »
*waves a little banner*  Go Team Dorganath!

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 06:50:55 pm »
Figured it out...All working (in my test module). Should be fixed for the next update.

anything