The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Death Void  (Read 1701 times)

vgn

RE: Death Void
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 09:41:00 am »
No, it would not port you there. We no longer port people between servers and it has been that way for the past few updates. You need to pay attention to the update notes.
If you die and are bound to a sever other than the one you are on you get booted from the game. You then must reconnect to the server you are bound.
This is the same as if you were traveling by ship or portal. You get booted from the game and must reconnect to the server in which you are traveling.

ZeroVega

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 11:30:00 am »
  So I guess what happened is, you died on West (W), but were bount on Central (C). Were sent to the void on W. Got all the penalties sorted out and were booted. And then reconnected to C instead of W. Which explains why you're stuck there.

Leanthar

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
*nods* yeah, he reconnect to west instead of central though is what you mean ZV.
  But yes, you must log in to the destination server now.
  Remember that poll I put up about 4-6 weeks ago asking for input on this type of solutions or keep the old server porting in that sometimes caused crashes to the servers?  Well this is the outcome.  You will see the message that you are being booted at that point you need to log in to the other server.  It has been this way for three or so weeks is my guess.  It is that way for ships as well, at least those that cross servers.

Deacon

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 01:28:00 pm »
I think for new players they actually have to go to the bindstone and bind their soul to the stone in Hlint.  I did this and have since not been stuck in the Void.

ZeroVega

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
  Yeah, you ALWAYS want to bind if you're starting a new character. If it's not a new character it's always prudent to bind to some place that makes sense aswell, that way you don't forget. Ie: I'm bound at the Temple of Ca'duz. Yeah it's a long long treck usually from Ca'duz's temple to wherever I died, but I sure won't forget it. :)

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
    • Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 10:29:00 am »
:S ok sorry guys I guess I did bind there but I swear I died after that and was ported to Hlint.......Either that I'm mixing up my characters..And I knew the thing was put in but I didn't know we actually had to switch the servers ourselves.

orth

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 11:37:00 pm »
This was fixed in the last update.  As an added measure you can use the Remembering Orb to escape you from the Death Void.