The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Duplicate Entry in the Timeline  (Read 253 times)

Acacea

Duplicate Entry in the Timeline
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:51:58 am »
Dozens of heroes and a large military invasion were successful in defeating a large contingent of Bloods forces. This was his first significant loss in history and with this the tides of war have changed.

After several missions into the Islands that once made up the Kingdom of Roldem, Blood's forces suffer a major defeat by a large group of adventurers and allied military forces. Freedom is won, and the rebuilding of the ravaged islands begins.

I think the large forces that were defeated in the first entry were the ones occupying Roldem in the second. I also believe the second date is the correct one, and the first leaves out what exactly was the great victory, so maybe the second was meant to be a correction?

If it was just a fondness for the wording of the first, you could just tweak the second a little to say something like, "The tides of war are changed, as after several missions into the Islands that once made up the Kingdom of Roldem, Blood's forces suffer their first major defeat in history by a large group of adventurers and allied military forces. Freedom is won, and the rebuilding of the ravaged islands begins."

EdTheKet

Re: Duplicate Entry in the Timeline
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:14:54 am »
Hmmm. I'd need to check, but I think it's two separate events.

Acacea

Re: Duplicate Entry in the Timeline
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:18:26 am »
Leanthar - 1/28/2006  7:29 PM    **a note on taverns and goverment houses across Mistone, Dregar, and Roldem--Signed by Alurial and Waylend themselves**
It is a great day in the History of Layonara, Bloodstone has been defeated in a military confrontation for the first time ever! A year or so ago the Heroes of the Dragon began donating their blood, sweat, tears, hard work, and the fruits of their labor to the forces of Mistone and Dregar. At the same the militaries of these great nations began training with these very items. A few weeks ago an attack force set out from the docks on military ships with the single minded goal to release Roldem from the murderers, tyrants, and killers that held them hostage. A mighty force of well trained and equipped military landed at the docks of Roldem. But these forces had a secret weapon—many secret weapons—the mighty forces of the Heroes of the Dragon.  These Heroes turned the tide of the battle and won the day all across Roldem!  After many difficult battles over days of success after success, along with death, Bloodstone and his forces feel. Bloodstone has been defeated in a military confrontation for the first time in the history of Layonara! Without the donations and shameless sacrifices of the Heroes themselves this would not have been accomplished!   The tide is turning and we are on our way to victory!