The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Evards black tenticle's  (Read 613 times)

HooD!uM

Evards black tenticle's
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:15:35 pm »
Description: the spell dose not state you need any spell component to cast it, yet once you do, it fails because you do not have any octopus tencticles.

Verified: my me , yep

Reproducable: yep

darkstorme

Re: Evards black tenticle's
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:28:41 pm »
As far as I know, no spell description lists its material components in-game.  They are, however, available on the corresponding LORE page.

HooD!uM

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:42:48 pm »
many that require something does state in game that its needed..this is the only one that dosent that i have found so far....

darkstorme

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 01:00:22 am »
Can you provide an example of an in-game spell that lists its material component?  I checked Invisibility, Mage Armor, and the Bigby series of spells, and all of them lacked the listing of their material component.

Edit: To reiterate, can either of you provide an in-game example?

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:01:09 am »
I will attest to that. I have seen spells component needed in the spell description IG.

HooD!uM

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 02:32:31 am »
ok here ya go...i added mage armour also, dont know what your looking at but for mage armour its right there in material components...

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 03:22:52 am »
Ah, I was looking at the scrolls.  Descriptions as they appear in spellbooks are apparently different.  Thanks!

HooD!uM

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 03:39:47 am »
nps heh..I know this is a really minor, but imagine my shock when it didn't work while I was fighting a mob of giants :(

Chazzler

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 10:57:58 am »
Off the topic, a bit.
I had similar quirks with some spells when I was still playing Godim Harjumaa, the Effects part of his Cloudkill spell had the description of Poison (spell).

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 07:28:25 pm »
Component added to the in-game spell description for the next update.

anything