The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Fort Vehl to Leringard Docks  (Read 506 times)

Makashi

Fort Vehl to Leringard Docks
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:22:26 pm »
This was mentioned to me by some one a while ago now, but I can see why it was.

A lot of players are not supposed to enter Port Hempstead, and this is one of the main routes to get to places like, Mariners hold, or Leringard, even sails to Vehl for those that are lazy among us :)

Think changing this, so that there is also a route from Leringard to Vehl and vice versa, would be a simple difference that would mean players with a monsterous subrace don't have to go by Hempstead when needing to head south from Leringard.

The following users thanked this post: Drizzlin, Lalaith Va'lash, LynnJuniper, Hellblazer, ShiffDrgnhrt, Odranoela

hawklen

Re: Fort Vehl to Leringard Docks
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:14:04 pm »
Well, technically you can go from fort wayfare to llast then to leringard, but I guess thats not your point ;)

Makashi

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:34:43 am »
*hits hawk over the back of his head*

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:30:45 am »
*offers a frying pan to hit him harder with and have a nice thunk out of it*:)

I think this would actually be a plus and would make it easier of the monstrous race to get where they need to go without breaking the law of that town.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 06:39:08 am »
Or you could go the horribly circuitous route of sailing to Point, then Hemp, then wherever. I don't think that any of the port officials would care terribly much about someone in a ship that only stops for a resupply. ;)

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 06:47:50 am »
It's a conspiracy of the Port Hempstead Shipping companies to make all ships stop there! Then they tax the goods on import and export raising the prices for the small town folks, like in Leringard! We must fight back!!  

*Coughs* But seriously, I like this idea for all the reasons mentioned (and others :) ).  Kali has been taking IC actions IG with this very shipping/travel route in mind. It would be great to see this happen.:p

Drizzlin

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 06:50:46 am »
Fort Vehl also needs crafting halls. It is unfair to say you have to go to vehl as a level 1 dark elf, when you have NO where to change your appreance and armor.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 06:57:06 am »
Quote from: Drizzlin
Fort Vehl also needs crafting halls. It is unfair to say you have to go to vehl as a level 1 dark elf, when you have NO where to change your appreance and armor.

There is a crafting hall in Vehl :p

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 01:18:03 pm »
Quote from: Drizzlin

yep yep there is one. not to hard to find either.

Leanthar

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 03:00:05 pm »
Valid and good points. Moving to bug reports. We need to allow for all of the desitnation points from Fort Vehl to be reached from other cities.

Nibor21

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 03:01:03 am »
The other option is to consider the docks in PH as "outside the city walls"  - think a bit like being on the international side of customs at an international airport (not in the US where you have to enter the country even in transit)