The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Frindahl fortress chest  (Read 255 times)

Lareth

Frindahl fortress chest
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:08:55 pm »
I was trying to disarm the trap on the chest in the Frindahl Fortress and although I beat the DC check of the trap it still shows as a failure and the trap did not disarm.

I've attached a screenshot from when I was in there showing the trap failing to disarm.

Dorganath

Re: Frindahl fortress chest
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:35:06 am »
Did you try to disable it or recover it?

The trap on that chest is non-recoverable, so if you tried to do that, it would have failed regardless of DC.

Xiaobeibi

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:31:27 am »
There seems to be a built in limit for non-rogues in NWN. We cannot pick any lock or remove trap at a dc higher than 35. Its hardcoded as far as I know.

I am not sure for bards or the various prestige classes, but otherwise you need at least one rogue level.

Playing a cleric with divine trickery and points spend in rogue abilities this came as a rather unpleasent surprise.

The same problem mentioned with the chest also goes for the door leading into the "throne room" with the leader. In this case its open lock thats the issue though.

Edit: not sure about rangers and remove traps.

Lareth

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 06:44:37 am »
I was trying to disable it, not to remove it.  I was however able to open the lock to get to the throne room ok.  However if it is hardcoded into NWN then that would explain it.