The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hosue Furniture Problem  (Read 411 times)

Teo

Hosue Furniture Problem
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:41 pm »
[SIZE=16]Bug Report[/SIZE]

Description: There seems to be a problem with the furniture. There are only 2 people who have put down anything there, Lindara (merlin34baseball/bioware~merlin34baseball) and Alton Tealeaf (Teo/bioware~MateoEll) And many of the items we have tried to remove are saying that they don't belong to either of us.

Verified:  No

Reproducable: Yes I have logged out and in several times and they are still not owned by me.

Hellblazer

Re: Hosue Furniture Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:04:01 pm »
make sure you are not forgetting any capital letters in your bioware account name. This has happened with others and it was due to misspelling the bioware account name.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 09:44:28 pm »
What Hellblazer said.

Make absolutely sure the case of your Bioware names match the following exactly:

Merlin34baseball
MateoEll

I see at least one instance of "merlin34baseball" having logged in and created a character (Maren Blackwater). Most of the furniture in 173 belongs to Lindara under Merlin34baseball, so if you had logged in using merlin34baseball, it won't match.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:32:19 pm »
I'll try logging in with Merlin34baseball instead of merlin34baseball. All my character show up though, if I had changed it wouldn't I only see the character asociated with one or the other?

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:10:13 pm »
NWN is not picky about the case of your username when checking the server vault for your characters. However, the furniture system is picky about such things, as it looks for an exact match, which includes the case of one's username.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:44:47 pm »
that wouldn't be happening I guess if gamespy was still supporting the master server check or is it atari.. in any case before the master server went off line, you couldn't log on at all if you had misspelled your accoutn name, caps and all. Now you can.

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:13:29 pm »
Correct. It's a master server issue.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 05:14:14 pm »
Yup... it was a case of the first letter capitalization... why I would have changed it I have no idea.

Thanks for the help, this can be closed, deleted, whatever!

anything