The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hallow Wraith Spider Poison  (Read 351 times)

Makashi

Hallow Wraith Spider Poison
« on: May 25, 2007, 02:17:37 pm »
Is this craftable as the usual means of poison making? it's not under the list and I've got a few in my pack to use up, just curious if it's for something else, or if it is a bug?

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Nyralotep

Re: Hallow Wraith Spider Poison
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:21:20 pm »
Nope, it's not been craftable since poison crafting was put in from what I remember.  I would be nice to have them in though.

Pseudonym

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:17:07 pm »
To the best of my knowledge, they were taken out as they were a 'permanent' poison. I was told (can't remember who it was, maybe Talan) that I could throw them out as there were no plans to bring them back.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 02:13:46 am »
I've heard it said by a veteran player or two that they were originally permanent poison, but were removed due to a few players exploiting the system.

Perhaps, after this long, it might be time to try putting them in again.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 04:50:08 am »
It did used to be a permanant poison and it was taken out oh, probably 2 years ago or a bit longer.

I don't think it was that anyone was exploiting the system just that having a craftable permanant just made it way too available and common. Not entirely sure though considering that even a weak perm poison raises a weapons level req a LOT.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 08:58:55 pm »
Well, perhaps if it took ten or so vials of Hallow Wraith poison to make a permanent poison-kit for the weapon... *Shrugs.* And some alchemy skill.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 03:32:38 pm »
or perhaps just take off the permanent affects and make it unusually strong. like, doing 3d6 CON damage or something.

pejsaboy

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 07:21:28 pm »
    While I'd like to be able to craft the poisons because the sacs do drop... I wonder what the point is other than for crafting xp? Gilli has a fairly high dexterity, and can get to 33 with his exceptional amulet. ONCE, I got lucky and applied either a queen spider or bastard sword spider, don't remember which, while he was maxed out at 33. at his normal dex of 26-28, he fails applying dire spider poisons nearly half the time. I don't have any research or numbers on that, just a guess based on one stint of burning through probably 20-30 vials.

That said, I'm with [probably] the rest of the poison crafters and would like to see permanent poison kits, or at least having the durations increased on the current ones.

EDIT:
    Also, is there any way to see the roll on applying the poisons? I've always wanted to see it, but it doesn't show in either of my chat bars.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 08:12:29 pm »
    I just started this craft, but is there any way this can be altered in a way where it's a more useful craft than just ... Extremely high dexterity required and for such a short time? I can understand why it's the way it is because of the ease of making poisons... It's just collecting that and a flask, after all.

I think if you mix different crafts with it, like alchemy and poison crafting, for example, it'd be really cool if you could add a weak poison effect on to a weapon...Sort of like the snake fang dagger but better or worse depending on the level of spider venom and alchemical stuff involved.

In the meantime, can't the dexterity requirement be lowered? I don't understand why it's so high to begin with...Yeah, or lengthen time. I honestly feel the dexterity req. should be lowered more though because of the fact not all poison makers are 33 dex sort of builds. Kinai's a strength build, for example, so she has a 20-22 dex on a spelled up good day, but...Never can get to 33. :\

Pen N Popper

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 08:59:11 pm »
    A quick search of "poison duration" yielded a bunch of hits.  I'm sure there are more as this topic has been about suggested-to-death.  :-)

http://www.layonara.com/cnr-suggestions-discussion/92788-poison-crafting-suggestion.html

Poison CNR is an RP craft.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 09:23:38 pm »
    I suppose so... Poison is, after all, the best way to quietly get rid of a target. Hmm. Too bad I'm a good guy.