The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: house key no longer works  (Read 607 times)

freemen2

house key no longer works
« on: May 06, 2005, 09:52:00 pm »
Ok t'is late or early which ever ye like to see it so forgive if I ain't extremely clear :p

Gaved my copy of the key to Krandor to Set to make sure I had the key to my house to Leilon on me (yes I saw after all this was done that there's a way to check which key is which :p) Open my door in Leilon, had the right key went in, spawned the key creator, made a copy of the key, gaved key to Set, he returned my copy of the key to the house in Krandor.
He went back out to try the copy, in the mean time I destroyed the creator and then went back out.  His copy didn't work, tried mine it worked.  We switched keys, I tried the one I gaved him, it worked, he tried mine it worked.  So we exchanged key's again so I would have the original and he the copy, tried again and they both worked.  By this time he was falling asleep on his keyboard so logged.  I went to the house in Krandor to check something and couldn't get in.
My copy to the house in Krandor is no longer working :S

Talan Va'lash

RE: house key no longer works
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 03:58:00 am »
toss the key that doesnt work, and make a new copy.  But you have to use the ORIGINAL KEY.  As in, you cant copy a copy.

I had this problem before where a key works then stops working.  I think its if you copy a copy it works untill you relog or something like that.

freemen2

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 08:15:00 am »
Nope t'is the copy of the key of the house in Krandor that no longer works and I've been using it fer like 2 months now.

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 08:23:00 am »
Not sure why.  Please throw that one away.  Then make a new copy with the ORIGINAL key and things should be okay.

freemen2

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
Ok will do L *shrugs*
By the way is there a way to check which is the original and which are copies?

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 08:40:00 am »
No I don't think so, sorry.

freemen2

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 08:42:00 am »
Heh heh

freemen2

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 09:02:00 am »
Heh heh, fixed, Set had given me a copy of his house on Dregar :p