The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Housing Bug - 173 Blackford  (Read 417 times)

Nehetsrev

Housing Bug - 173 Blackford
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »
Okay... Now I totally didn't expect this to happen.  Within the last few weeks I sold the house (173 Blackford Castle) that my character Amgine had owned using the in-game option to put it back on the market.  Tonight, out of curiosity I checked the availability of the house with the Housing Vendor in Leringard and saw that it was available.  I went through the purchase dialogues, expecting to be told I didn't have the funds to buy the home, but instead it was sold to me for exactly nothing.  Not a single True.

I guess you could say Emwonk found the house abandoned and became a squatter!

Obviously this is a bug.  When someone can get around to it, please fix it so that the house goes back on the market at it's proper pricing (which I believe was originally 65,000 True before Amgine made his own renovations to the home).

Even though I don't play here much at all anymore, I still don't wish to be banned for exploiting the system or anything, which is of course why I'm posting here about what happened.  Honesty is the best policy, even if Emwonk wouldn't agree from an in-character point of view.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Alatriel

davidhoff

Re: Housing Bug - 173 Blackford
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:30:25 pm »
I also happened to be checking the realestate agent in Leringard and that house was available for sale for $0.00 trues.  A good buy if you ask me  :)

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:32:07 pm »
Right... I see the problem. I assume you are not really interested in keeping the house? Is it OK if I put it back on the market?

Nehetsrev

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 11:29:39 pm »
Yes, that's what I indicated.  Put it back on the market at the proper value.  I'd have done so myself, but was worried Emwonk might get paid for the house in re-selling it back to the agent, thus acquiring money he shouldn't.  I also figured it'd be best to keep it off the market til the bug was addressed to prevent others from accidentally or intentionally taking advantage of the exploit/bug.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 01:38:22 am »
He wouldn't, but thanks for being cautious. Bug fixed. House back on the market.