The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: invalid character player login refused.  (Read 770 times)

orth

invalid character player login refused.
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:17:15 pm »
Went to login today and got the return messageInvalid character- player login refused Bear, Dire I tried all my characters and they all said the same thing.I logged off completely and started game back up tried to login and says same thing on all characters. I looked at characters were were on line at the time and noticed Zigrum Frostbeard was playing which maybe somehow login was thinking that i was Zigrum and he was in bear form I have no idea, but after a few minutes I noticed that Zigrum had logged off so I exited game again and was able to log in without any problems.EDIT:  I played for about an hour then logged off then tried to log back in and says the same thing. cant login thinks I am in dire bear form. and no Zigrum playing either.EDIT: I take that back. he is playing. not sure if that matters. but hes the only one that can go bear form.

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff, willhoff

Dorax Windsmith

All of my characters are
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 04:19:13 am »

All of my characters are having the same issue, same message.

Dorganath

I think we might be having a
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:22:01 am »

I think we might be having a ghosting situation going on, which is usually caused by two people on the same LAN logging in with the same client port. The fun thing of course is that the problem persists even after they log out. Presently, the server console is showing a character being logged in but with no player information related to that character.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and restart the server at the earliest opportunity.

Dorganath

Got the server restarted. 
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 01:20:30 pm »

Got the server restarted.  All should be cleared out and happy again.

silverblades

Logged in fine but  no one
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 02:33:40 am »

Logged in fine but  no one else was playing at the time. Strangely enough not long after I started playing it tells me "your no longer cold"  like i was in the ice caves or something.. which I have not been in for a few RL weeks. Not sure what that was about. left over data trail.. ? Need a Ranger with a pocket protector and a taped glasses..

There can be only One.