The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Iron Chainmail  (Read 334 times)

Olme

Iron Chainmail
« on: October 10, 2005, 05:22:00 am »
My character recently began to wear Iron Chainmail. He is able to rest while wearing this armor. I switched back to my old set of copper chain and could not rest in it, so I think Iron Chain may be bugged...

Talan Va'lash

RE: Iron Chainmail
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 07:19:00 am »
hmm, I think you are correct in thinking that you shouldnt be able to rest in chainmail... but I'm not positive.  I dont remember if its medium and heavy armor, or just heavy armor that you cant rest in.

However, I have no idea why you can rest in one and not the other since the script probably checks the category of your armor when you hit R rather than checking anything that can be changed on the armor itself, like a property.

Is one maybe a chain shirt?  It might be that a chain shirt is considered light armor by the script since in PnP a chain shirt is light armor even though its medium armor in NWN.

-TV

Olme

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 08:14:00 am »
Double , triple rechecked ...

They are definitely both Chain MAIL ..I had Copper and moved to Iron ..never tried Bronze.

orth

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
If you cast Magic Vestment on your armor it treats it as heavier, are you doing this?

Olme

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 11:48:00 am »
No. no access to that .

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
The rest system checks to see if the armor (chest piece) give AC 5 or more to the character.  If it does then it must be removed, if not it is allowed.  We don't check for metal and such as nwn does not allow it.

dadunmir

• Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 11:55:00 am »
Chainmail is considered medium armor, right?  Shouldn't one only be able to rest in light armor?

edit Reads above post.  Oh?  Didn't know that.

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
*shrugs* Yeah, most likely but that is not how the system is coded.  A long time ago the system was coded and you could not check for light, medium, heavy armor--not sure you can now because I haven't looked in a while.  We can look in to things that is for certain.

orth

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
Okay this was a really odd one.

The code would take the Total AC Value of the armor then subtract Double the AC Bonus which I can't understand why. Then anything greater then 4 would not allow rest.

Copper Chainmail is +5 with AC +0 AC Bonus = +5 Total AC | +5 Total - (0*2) = 5
Iron Chainmail is +5 with AC +1 Bonus = +6 Total AC | +6 Total - (1*2) = 4

Anyway I changed this code to take the unidentified gold piece value of the armor to determine the base AC and fix this.

This also fixed the issue with Magic Vestment on armor inhibiting your ability to rest.

Leanthar

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 06:56:00 pm »
Good soluion Orth. Thanks.

anything