The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: kobold stick  (Read 353 times)

merlin34baseball

kobold stick
« on: July 07, 2010, 03:12:35 pm »
Description: The kobold stick quest outside of Hempstead seems to be broken. I have now done it 6 times over the course of a week and no stick ever dropped. This was both before and after a server reset.

Verified: ?

Reproducable: Seems so...

thedagda

Re: kobold stick
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 03:50:43 pm »
I'm guessing you are looting the proper boss to get the stick?  I know this is probably a given that you are, but starting with the simple things.  :)

I killed the creature twice, once as a gm and once as a player and the stick was there both times.

A player did mention to me that they had been in the area on a couple of occasions lately for aloe and killed the creature that drops the stick, leaving the stick on the corpse.

I don't know if this could cause it to not drop or not, but just some observations.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 04:16:40 pm »
I have seen the boss use the stick in combat as well.  Perhaps that is the issue?

osxmallard

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:49:38 pm »
I have seen that as well and if the boss does use it (Aid Spell: inward yellow aura vfx) it disappears and will not drop.  The boss doesn't use it every time, but I have seen it missing when my characters collect aloe.  Let us know if it occurs again Merlin... we can investigate.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:36:49 pm »
That seems like it might be the case as we were using archers to dispatch them from the top of the cliffs and it took much longer than say a group of fighters charging them in battle would have been.

I'll take one of my characters that can just wipe the floor with them and see if it drops.

I'm thinking that maybe the boss gets desperate after so much time and uses the stick. I hadn't thought of that before.

Merlin34

anything