The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: loot drops: Forest Giants and desert giants on dregar  (Read 1181 times)

Frendh

loot drops: Forest Giants and desert giants on dregar
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:38:22 pm »
Unless it has been changed in the last couple of weeks they drop old +1 and +3 heal kits and old cure light and moderate potions.

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Lance Stargazer

Frendh

Re: loot drops: Forest Giants and desert giants on dregar
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:11:21 pm »
I tested the +1 kits and the light potions, they seem to work like the new versions. So I guess the only issue is that they do not stack with the current items.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:17:23 pm »
I think that if you ox them they may then stack with the new ones, . Just try one at time to test this theory .. But it should be as that

Frendh

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 10:52:29 am »
I oxed some of them and they changed into the current versions.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »
I can't confirm this is/would be the case. Everything looks right on my end.

Next time it happens, please take a screen shot and post it in this thread.

Chazzler

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 10:05:00 am »
I've gotten some +9 Healing Kits and +6 Healing kits on Belinara and down in the Deep.

Aphel

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:57 am »
I found some of those as well, albeit I am not sure where exactly. If this is reportworthy, I'll make a post next time it happens.

Guardian 452

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 10:55:41 am »
take a screenshot as Dorg asked if you see one of the + kits drop.

davidhoff

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 12:59:34 pm »
I see the + Healer kits on the Summoned balors quite often; maybe some of the other summoned creatures.

Frendh

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:38 am »
I will try to remember to take a screen shot. This is not much of a problem and would not matter much if leaved as is. I really thought my word on it happening several times would be enough.

Add cure serious potions to that list.

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 11:19:55 am »
Quote from: Frendh
I  really thought my word on it happening several times would be enough.

It's not a matter of your word being "enough"; I do believe you.  

What I said was:

Quote from: Dorganath
I can't confirm this is/would be the case. Everything looks right on my end.

Next time it happens, please take a screen shot and post it in this thread.

I have looked at the drop lists in the toolset and at the creatures specifically, and I don't see what I would consider to be "old style" heal kits or potions.  So since I thought that perhaps I was visually looking for something different than what you were seeing, I thought a screen shot would help to align what you are trying to tell me with what I am expecting to see.

It's clearly no rush, but it would help greatly if you (or someone...anyone) could provide such a shot so I can better know where to look next.

MadHattan

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 11:27:00 am »
There is an unusable +9 kit bandage kit in the Troll chief chest... in the cave... next to Kartherian if that helps.  I have a couple in SehKy's inventory too.

- Madd

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 11:33:13 am »
Quote from: MadHattan
There is an unusable +9 kit bandage kit in the Troll chief chest... in the cave... next to Kartherian if that helps.  I have a couple in SehKy's inventory too.

- Madd

Separate issue (since it's static), but thanks.  Good to know.

Frendh

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 10:03:14 am »
http://i48.tinypic.com/jaezgx.png <--- Healer's Kit +3
http://i49.tinypic.com/dcar2d.png <---- "Old" cure moderate potion. It is the previous generation of potions but not the oldest?

Dorganath

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 10:07:03 am »
http://i48.tinypic.com/jaezgx.png <--- Healer's Kit +3
http://i49.tinypic.com/dcar2d.png <---- "Old" cure moderate potion. It is the previous generation of potions but not the oldest?

Perfect!  That's exactly what I needed.  Thank you.

Dorganath

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 02:26:02 pm »
Well...

I tried to reproduce this by committing Giant Genocide on a massive scale to see what dropped.  Only new style potions and kits dropped.

I've scoured the drop lists but none of them contain any old-style potions or heal kits.

I've checked over the giants in the Wandering Dunes and the Forest of Fog, and neither have any potions on them at all as static drops, so they would only have potions from the general loot drop lists.

I don't see any creatures in all of our palette who have any potions or healkits as static drops, new or old.

In other words, I could not reproduce this.

If these come out of a chest or other similar container, I'll need to know which area they're in, like what MadHattan mentioned above. If they come off of a specific creature, I need to know that. However, I did a search for both sorts of things and came up blank.

I wonder if you don't have some old ones in your inventory and the new ones you picked up got added to those stacks, keeping the old names. They're identical except for the name (same tag/resref) and description, and the script that handles them is also the same, so there should be no problems using them.  Of course, you can ox them as well to bring their names in-line with the current.

Regardless of what it may say, they'll function exactly the same, whether they say "Healkit +6" or "Serious Healer's Kit".

My suggestion is that you find and ox any old-style healkits and potions you may have in your inventory before going to visit these giants again, and then see what you get out of the drops.

Frendh

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 08:15:11 am »
I oxed some of them and they changed into the current versions.

I oxed all I had once already and the drops did not change. Could it be something on my side that I have not updated?

Guardian 452

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 08:37:02 am »
Correct me if I am wrong but when a creature "spawns" it then is given its loot. So I don't see how it could be anything on your end causing this.

Dorganath

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:20 am »
Quote from: Guardian 452
Correct me if I am wrong but when a creature "spawns" it then is given its loot. So I don't see how it could be anything on your end causing this.

You are correct.

Guardian 452

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 08:54:08 am »
And the old kits & potions are not in the drop list? That's a head scratcher

anything