The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lore connection?  (Read 145 times)

Black Cat

Lore connection?
« on: August 03, 2006, 05:48:09 am »
I tried to connect to Lore and got this error message. Don't know if it is just me.

Yawt::DataBase connect('host=localhost;database=danscott_lore;','danscott_lore',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/local/src/yawt/tags/yawt_4_40/Yawt.pm line 77

BlackCat

Leanthar

Re: Lore connection?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 06:25:47 am »
We are aware of the issue and will get it back up as soon as we can.

mikligardr

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:52:47 pm »
    received the same error when attempting to check Server Status page just now (2:50AM GMT):

Software error:

Yawt::DataBase connect('host=db.layonara.com;database=nwn;','aragen',...) failed: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client at /home/danscott/domains/layonara.com/trunk/nwn/yawt/Layonara/LiveDB.pm line 606

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@layonara.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

orth

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 07:58:57 pm »
    Sorry about that, our server was now using a new ip address and therefore authentication with the remote db was not functional.  

Bit contrary to what the bug report (edit: I mean error message) was actually reporting...

Meh - LORE Server Status back.

Rowana

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 10:02:21 am »
    Yay! it's been weeks with out lore site, feel like half a bard *cries* thanks for the folks that worked on this.

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 02:36:19 pm »
    ummm, same problem is happening again... same problem?  or is it me this time?

Olme

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 06:17:18 pm »
    thanks!!!!!