The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: magic vestment not expiring  (Read 525 times)

willhoff

magic vestment not expiring
« on: August 13, 2009, 01:24:02 pm »
Vrebel was givin magic vestment by Sala two RL days ago and it is still on his armor.  Vrebel has tried to sleep, use his dispelling rune, and of course logged off and on to try to remove the effect with no success.

I could probably ox wash it but I put this really cool light gem on it that Vrebel recieved as a gift for the cherry blossom festival.

It's extremely affecting my game play because nothing can hit me:)

Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to remove the effects.

Thanks,

Willhoff

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

miltonyorkcastle

Re: magic vestment not expiring
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:34:04 pm »
It's extremely affecting my game play because nothing can hit me

Doh. I hate it when that happens.

;)

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 02:48:14 pm »
Have someone cast Magic Vestment on your armor again and then rest.

We recommend resting before logging out with active item buffs to prevent such issues in the future.

jrizz

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:10:27 pm »
That happened to me with gwm. Recast and rest did the trick. I am so glad too since it was hell running around with a +5 weapon :)

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 04:57:43 pm »
Guys, it's all in good fun to say how horrible +5 gear is, but I do hope you're all understanding that it's something which happens under certain, specific circumstances and which is an exploit to let continue without correcting (or requesting aid from a GM in-game).

Make it a practice to rest before logging out with item buffs (or just in general).  If the GM Team starts to see people running around like this, we'll have to start taking action.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:00:26 pm »
By the way, I'm not accusing anyone in this thread of wrong-doing. I'm simply stating a warning that I take this pretty seriously.

willhoff

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:22:50 pm »
Actually it was +6 AC, and it was weird because she did his shield too but that faded when Vrebel logged off.

Anyways, thanks Dorg and Jrizz for for your suggestions.  Vrebel will track down a friendly cleric at his earliest conveinance.  As well, he will remember to rest before logging if he has active wards or buffs on.

I was trying to make fun of the situation but I agree you Dorganath that this is a serious exploit, reason why I posted in the first place.

Thanks,

Willhoff

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 05:32:01 pm »
Normally I'd pull a report like this and stash it in our secret thread for tracking exploits, but I also know it's "out" already, so I'm just appending a warning instead.

:)

merlin34baseball

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:06:39 pm »
((deleted))

willhoff

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:10:06 pm »
((Content edited))

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 06:37:38 pm »
I'd prefer no further public mentions of circumstances to reproduce this particular issue.   If you have important information to offer to the issue, please PM it.

willhoff

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 06:40:44 pm »
edited

willhoff

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 06:52:01 pm »
pm sent.  I probably should have done this via pm's in the first place...my apologies.

anything