The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Players Link Broken in Google Chrome  (Read 357 times)

stragen

New Players Link Broken in Google Chrome
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:40:52 am »
Description:

Using google chrome browser: New Players menu link (between New Posts and Layonara Links) in the forums is broken. This may also be tied to the issue of the drop down menus not working in Chrome. The link and error message are below.

http://forums.layonara.com/layonaranewplayers

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
Go to layonara. com
Go to forums. layonara. com
Search on Google:

I also tried this in IE 7. It didn't return the error message, but just sent me back to the start page, not to any specific information for new players. Also strangely the drop down menus don't work in IE 7. I don't use fire fox anymore so I wasn't able to test functionality under fire fox.

I think its pretty important for these links to work for new players and to support the modern browsers.

Repeatable: ? Dunno someone else should test with Chrome and IE.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: New Players Link Broken in Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:58:45 am »
I came across the same thing.  The various scripts used to make those thing function must not work with Chrome.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:46:40 am »
I didn't try Chrome because I don't have or use it, but IE8 works fine for me in or out of compatibility mode. I typically use Firefox.

Perhaps there is a browser security setting that is keeping the menus from working?

There may also be updates for vBulletin that would address this, but that's not my department.

But to be clear, are you saying that the link that's present instead of the menu doesn't go anywhere?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:55:24 am »
The drop-down menues do not work on Layo, when viewed in Chrome.  But I do know another forum that uses vBulletin that has drop down menues, that work fine in Chrome.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 10:39:26 am »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
The drop-down menues do not work on Layo, when viewed in Chrome.  But I do know another forum that uses vBulletin that has drop down menues, that work fine in Chrome.

Yes, I understand that, and that there are likely patches to vBulletin that we have not applied which may address this. Again, I don't know. I'm not involved at that level, but then that doesn't seem to be the core issue being reported here either.

It seems to be that one of the headings, when menus aren't functioning, is returning a link that's invalid, but I wanted to get confirmation that that's the case.

Chazzler

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »
Works fine in Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3

stragen

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 06:14:34 am »
Quote from: Dorganath
It seems to be that one of the headings, when menus aren't functioning, is returning a link that's invalid, but I wanted to get confirmation that that's the case.

Hi Dorg,

Yes this is correct. The menu link New Players does not work.  It gives the error shown above. The links to the left New Posts does work. The other menu links don't give error messages. Though they may not work exactly as intended.

Cheers,

Stragen

anything