The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: pipe not working  (Read 685 times)

Chazzler

Re: pipe not working
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 08:15:57 pm »
Ah yes, the mahogany pipe Chakar has works just fine, alas the oak pipe Unther Hardhammer has doesn't, instead of healing it only gives the skill bonus.
Yet again, the oak pipe Görmungard Boulderanvil has, works just fine as far as I can remember.

lonnarin

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 08:36:07 pm »
Could this possibly be an issue with the pipes made before the update vs. pipes made afterwards?  If a script were appended to both object files and the script has since been updated, it could very well mean that the old script is being used with the old but identically labelled pipe version.  Perhaps ox-packing them might help?  I'm fairly certain that the old oak pipe of mine that didn't work was created before the pipe updates, so this might be the issue.  The new working mahogany pipe Bjorn uses was expertly crafted by Vrebel recently, since the update.

If you have a pipe that doesn't work, I'd suggest flagging down a GM for an item exchange.  They should be spawning the new, updated pipe version.  Let's also try the ox-pack technique and see if that updates the pipe.  Even if there aren't two different versions of pipes, it could be possible that the custome script associated with the item isn't sticking correctly due to lag issues upon creation.  Much akin to when item properties do not stick properly to some dropped items.

Dorganath

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 09:33:01 pm »
Nah...scripts don't come along with items.  

The problem is likely due to a change I made in the last update to fix a different problem with pipe smoking.

Having a GM swap out the pipe will not alleviate the issue.

Dorganath

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 09:26:01 pm »
This should be fixed in the next update. Sorry for the silly mistake. :)

willhoff

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 09:38:17 pm »
Thanks Dorganath!