The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Red light overlord  (Read 614 times)

HooD!uM

Red light overlord
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:33:49 am »
the overlord in the red light cavern dosent spawn ..ive been here three times the last time this afternoon and he hasnt been there.

The following users thanked this post: Pankoki

aragwen

Re: Red light overlord
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 11:55:37 am »
You should ask yourself, did he not maybe move to a more secure location?

I would if I was him.

Did you check every hole and crack in the caves?

Maybe he is hiding.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 03:26:24 pm »
My seach skill I put many points!!!

Still is not found!!!!

Looking more than for 3 minutes and not finding !!1

must ba is bug.... or broke in somehow

pLzz fix vry now!!

---
Edit: This isn't directed at the original poster, I was just reading some other forums and the amount of ickyness made me goofy.

Nibor21

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 04:22:06 pm »
Perhaps we are actually seeing evolution in action, finally a smarter goblin boss has evolved!

Dawn of the goblins is here!

darkstorme

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 04:31:28 pm »
Hmmmm... I see a CPSC 422 (AI and Intelligent Systems) project here....

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 08:04:49 pm »
Though I didnt need the head I found it, and the key to the chest a day or so ago, so he is there.

Tanman

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 08:24:11 pm »
He is there, just not where you think he is :)

Carillon

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 10:19:37 pm »
Quote from: Nibor21
Perhaps we are actually seeing evolution in action, finally a smarter goblin boss has evolved!

Dawn of the goblins is here!

Oh dear .. you've appealed to the evolutionary biologist in me! This question has plagued me since joining Layonara. Why, oh why, despite the incredible selection pressure exerted on them by the heroic PCs of Hlint, have the goblins of the local caves failed to evolve?

Personally, I had always attributed this quirk of nature to the incredible lack of phenotypic variation among the goblinoids, but finally I have been proven wrong! Differential survival and reproduction has triumphed after all, and a new era of stronger smarter Red Light goblins have emerged!

*cough* Ahem. Sorry 'bout that. Controlling my inner biologist now.

jecklar

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 12:07:22 am »
Quote from: Carillon
Oh dear .. you've appealed to the evolutionary biologist in me! This question has plagued me since joining Layonara. Why, oh why, despite the incredible selection pressure exerted on them by the heroic PCs of Hlint, have the goblins of the local caves failed to evolve?

Of course, the true test of this will be if other goblin-infested caves exhibit speciation events as a result of early Founder Effects (assuming, of course, that there is limited genetic flow between goblinoid outposts).  Considering that both dwarfism and giantism are often found in geographically isolated populations, a very SCARY form of smarter, stronger, GIANT goblin may be around the corner!

No ahem here -- the inner biologist never goes away.  ;)

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 01:34:54 am »
I think this is a legitimate bug actually.

I was checking this occasionally while on as a GM and all of the overlords placed henchmen respawned properly but the overlord himself did not for over an hour. He still hadn't respawned when I logged.

This could explain why some people have reported that he is there and others have been unable to find him, since he would be there 1 time after a server reset.

Pankoki

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 05:57:31 pm »
Goblin Overlord set now to Respawn instead of Respaw... Yeah... fixed next update!

anything