The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Screeching Keeper of the Broken Branch wailing song.  (Read 281 times)

XDutchesX

Screeching Keeper of the Broken Branch wailing song.
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:16:52 pm »
Description: The Screeching Keeper of the Broken Branch's wailing song kill's with death magic immunities up.

Verified: Twice, both with full death Immunities up

Reproducable: happened twice in the past two weeks

Dorganath

Re: Screeching Keeper of the Broken Branch wailing song.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:47 pm »
Their Broken Wail is a Skald ability and not "death magic" as such. Survival depends on a successful Fortitude save vs. Death.

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 04:50:08 pm »
The 3.21.0 release notes says that "Make Skald Wail respect Death immunity" which I understood to mean death ward; I seem to recall some discussion on IRC that death ward should protect against skald wail, and that it would be changed for this update - is this not the case?

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:36:58 pm »
Ah true.  I forgot about that (wasn't one that I worked on).

We'll have to test to verify that it's a bug and not just an expired buff.  It would help to know which ward vs. Death was employed.

XDutchesX

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:40:04 pm »
Shadow shield was the ward vs. Death which was used.

Is it safe to post for a reimbursement of the soul strand, of shall I wait to see the outcome of this?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:44:42 pm »
I would post one and include a link to this thread, along with any log you have.

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:00:47 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
I would post one and include a link to this thread, along with any log you have.

@Shiff, with respect to you trying to be helpful, until this is verified by us as a bug, we cannot process a reimbursement request on the grounds that it was caused by a bug.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 11:50:30 pm »
OK, I'm going to stamp this as a bug, and I believe I have a fix for it in the next update.