The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Silver Buckle Clinic - Alters  (Read 500 times)

RollinsCat

Silver Buckle Clinic - Alters
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:45:11 pm »
There are three alters in the Silver Buckle Clinic.  They respawn with each reset even when a GM removes them - somehow they seem to have become attached to the module, can this be looked at?  Thanks!

Dorganath

Re: Silver Buckle Clinic - Alters
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:10:33 pm »
How is the GM removing them? If the GM is just deleting the placeable with the usual GM wand used for deleting placeables, it will come back, because the usual tool for that does not remove them from the database. There is a GM furniture tool for this specific purpose.

Is there a reason why they cannot be converted back to deeds?

Also, it's spelled "Altar". *winks*

RollinsCat

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »
I didn't place them, and don't know where they came from.  When I built the module there were no altars in the clinic.  We thought a gm put them in for a quest temporarily but I believe it was Masterjack and also Lonn or possibly Osx who removed them and they're back and have been each reset for a while.  Kinda spooky actually.

If they're deeds, I should be over my limit by one as I keep a count of the deeds I use.  I'll log in and try to remove them myself.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »
If a GM placed them as deeds, the same GM has to convert them back to deeds using the exact same Bioware name and GM avatar name.  I suggest you talk to them directly to attempt either this method or to use the GM Furniture Tool, which can be used by any GM.

I can remove them from the database, but I'd like this to be a learning opportunity for the GMs who may have placed them and/or tried to remove them. In reality, it's not really a good idea to use housing deeds for quests, especially when a GM can put down placeables in a way that is more easily destroyed...which would be learning opportunity #2. *smiles*

They did not become part of the module.  It doesn't work like that.  They're in the database.  Guarantee it.

As for your limit, it's possible, but the system just stops loading them at 200.  It's technically possible to have more than 200 placeables for any given address.

Don't worry...there's nothing "spooky" going on here.

RollinsCat

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
Don't worry...there's nothing "spooky" going on here.

And here I was working on how to write the altar ghost into the Buckle family...ah well *smiles*

osxmallard

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 06:04:03 pm »
Extra altars removed from Silverbuckle Inn (owner ID "Ya Mama").  DM Furniture Tool -> Destroy on all 3.  Should not respawn again.

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 07:58:13 pm »
Confirmed.  They're gone.

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »
The Buckle ghost rests and the altars have been...altered.

Thanks!  Elly will be happy to have them out, she kept banging her shins.

Masterjack

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 07:15:21 am »
Quote from: osxmallard
Extra altars removed from Silverbuckle Inn (owner ID "Ya Mama").  DM Furniture Tool -> Destroy on all 3.  Should not respawn again.

That is odd as I remember placing the altars and then getting rid of them before the quest started. Also I never use deeds when placing items as a DM. It is a lot easier to use the tools provided. I'll see if I can recreate what I did to see where I went wrong.

Alatriel

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 07:20:12 am »
*coughs*  Altars.  You wanted to alter the altars.... *coughs*