The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sinister forest  (Read 175 times)

AeonBlues

Sinister forest
« on: May 10, 2007, 04:36:07 am »
Bug Report

Description: It was like night of the living dark ent.  Excuse my puns, but they were crawling out of the wood work.  They came in groves.   Tialle, Gudlesky, and Neaeana experienced hell of infinite respawning dark ents.  They were spotting us from farther away then they normally do.  As we beat them down, more spawned behind us attacking our rear, while more again spawned from the front and re-enforced those numbers.  Rapid re-spawn, yup.  We seriously came to consensus that a DM must have been angry about something, and was out to kill us, but ShivaD logged in as a player and informed us that no DMs were on line.

Verified:

Reproducible:

AeonBlues

Tanman

Re: Sinister forest
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:56:50 am »
That is incorrect. I was on at one point, and was spawning  a few Treants here and there. No I was not angry. If I was angry I would straight out say so in a tell or appear. The spawning of the creatures was so that you could have some fun.

Usually I appear with my avatar to tell the players how they did, but shortly after. . .I had to go so I waited for the party to leave and cleared up.

They weren't overly difficult. Out of the whole encounter  there was only one player that was being somewhat damaged. The rest of the party (the remaining two) were fine.

AeonBlues

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 01:44:18 pm »
Well, I am glad to hear it.  To clarify, we began to think angry DM when none showed up or sent a tell.  It is my experience that you don't hear from DMs that are spawning with intent to kill.

Though fun, it was challenging enough to end our hunt.  We were not able to clear the area, and ended up fleeing for our lives with invisibility spells.

AeonBlues

P.S: In retrospect, we probably got more hunting out of that one area then we would have in the entire trip anyway :D

Blackguy

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:57:22 am »
I believe this is closed.