The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: rolling plain griffons north of lake nox  (Read 64 times)

Falonthas

rolling plain griffons north of lake nox
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:19:13 am »
not sure its a bug if not just a placement issue

and im sure this will be down on the list

i recall L say the roadways if you kept to them should be a safe passage through an area

all the ones frequently travelled  to the south now ,i have found are such,a low level can wander the roads to get aquainted with the island

however the griffons of the plains not only fly over the roads but if the roads are clear they spot and chase you all the way to lake nox

im not sure if they have to high a spot score or if they simply need to be set back a bit from the road but that way out of the whitehorns is murder

my druid was stealthed and not wielding any weapon and they found him like he hopped into their nest saying" heres lunch"

mass calm doesnt even get a roll for them which im sure should be posted as another issue

Dorganath

Re: rolling plain griffons north of lake nox
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:00:41 am »
Those griffons were not changed except to alter the pattern of their flight due to another addition in the same area.  That area has always been treacherous to go through for low-levels...it has been since I can remember.  Sometimes you get lucky, other times not.

Regarding the mass calming...they're technically "Magical Beasts" and not "Animals", so I'm not sure they should or were intended to receive a roll for the mass calming at all.  And yes, I'm aware that Animal Empathy works on them if targeted directly.

Mooneyes

Re: rolling plain griffons north of lake nox
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 01:39:52 pm »
*blushes*  I guess Peanut needs to find a new feeding spot for them.  Been doing it too close to the road.  *winks*

anything