The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Storm of Vengeance  (Read 916 times)

orth

Storm of Vengeance
« on: March 04, 2015, 08:05:58 pm »
Hi, I apologize ahead of time if I am not using the correct terminology. I noticed that after the update 3.40.1, where the AoE was fixed, did that reduce the frequency where the enemy has to make a save so that the storm of vengeance will strike them? I am asking this because I notice that before the update, 2 storms would easily kill 2 Great Forest giants. Now, you'll be lucky if 2 storms would "badly wounded" the two giants. My character is a level 28 cleric, the DC on her storm is 29. I have tested several times where I would go invisible and cast the storm on the two giants right outside of Hilm Castle. I would fight/hit them as well but it seems like the storm is not striking the giants as often. I guess what I am trying to say is, before it seems like the giant would attempt to make a save every round. Now, it seems like the giant would only attempt to make the save every 3 or 4 rounds (that might seem like an exaggeration but the idea is there). Did the frequency for the storm of vengeance to strike the enemies reduce?  

Version 3.40.1 is online!

Not much to this one except a couple nice to haves. You will need the following updated ctrl hak, don't worry it's quite a small file:

http://e5bf79fd7133583b11df-dabb80c66fac67c5c4cbee545d8dd728.r44.cf1.rackcdn.com/haks/layo_ctrlv3r19.rar (353KB)

Fixes:

• Shield of Faith spell script was signalling wrong event

• Endure elements wasn't taking into account extended spell

• Added area tile edge files

• =c fixhorsehead if you get stuck with a horsehead

• Fix couple transitions which pointed you the wrong way

• Fixed rest area in Angels Guild Hall

• Length of time a merchant had +/- feelings for you could be in negative

• Fix issue with not being sent back to your bind point when it was on former Central server when respawning

• House had the name Pranzis instead or Prantz

Additions:

[li]

Tweak AoE spells to last better in lag and with the caster moving[/li][li]

Silence spell ignores ally's SR[/li][/list]

[li]

Few more bosses give boss XP[/li][/list]

Other updates:

The following users thanked this post: RollinsCat

orth

Hiya,Storm of Vengeance has
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:06:32 am »

Hiya,

Storm of Vengeance has not yet been included in any AoE updates. More likely you are used to being alone on the old Central server where processes were minimal and there was less going on as opposed to the now merged server and its processes/players/houses/etc.  This may be impacting the AoEs more and it's why I moved to the new AoE system that works better. I will see to it that Storm is added in the next update and hopefully that will help things.

-orth

wild_down_under

Hi Orth, thank you for your
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »

Hi Orth, thank you for your quick reponse. Greatly appreciate it!

willhoff

Hi,I just wanted to confirm
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 05:55:55 pm »

Hi,

I just wanted to confirm what Wild Down Under was saying.  I took Zigruum into the Great Forest and tested out his storm of vengeance against the forest giants.  I had three giants around Zig and cast a storm.  The giants only made three saves.  Per lore, the storm lasts for ten rounds and every round the enemy has to make a reflex save.  So they should have had to make ten saves, not three.  All three giants remained alive after the storm fizzled out.

I hope this helps.  Kind of like going snowboarding without a snowboard!

Willhoff

merlin34baseball

I believe the druid spell
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 05:31:41 pm »

I believe the druid spell Stonehold is experiencing much the same problem. It used to lock up the forest giants on Dregar completly. Now it seems that they are having to make way less saves. Sarillia is taking WAY more abuse at their hands than before.

Thanks!

Merlin34

Dorganath

Moved to Bug Reports, as this
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 05:42:36 pm »

Moved to Bug Reports, as this seems to be growing.

willhoff

Thanks for posting about
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 07:28:19 pm »

Thanks for posting about stonehold Merlin!  I agree that stonehold seems to be less effective but can't really pinpoint why. It seems, like you said that they are getting free quicker from the hold and are not making the saves every round they should.  It also might be lag too.  I noticed that the greatforest giants with Zig don't follow in combat like before, they slide from side to side like they are getting pushed in an unnatural manner, and they appear right on top of you from out of nowhere at times.  I'm not sure if its caused by the combining of the servers, the adjustment toAI, or tweaking of the Area Effect spells but somethin's up.

Thanks,

Willhoff

willhoff

You might want to check
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 09:30:02 pm »

You might want to check grease and entangle spells also.  I just took Zig in the ore hills cave outside Dalanthar and it didn't seem like the ogres were making their required reflex saves on the grease every round.  I didn't try entangle spell.  Just wanted to say thanks again Orth for all you're doing for Layo in these new tweaks and hopefully it sorts itself out with little effort!

cbnicholson

Since Storm doesn't seem to
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 08:08:22 am »

Since Storm doesn't seem to be as effective, I was trying other prayers and discovered that Aura of Protection only grants unholy aura to my LG Cleric.  Not sure if Rofirein is trying to tell me something here.  Seriously, bug report?

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

orth

cbnicholson wrote:Since Storm
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:04:45 am »

Quote from: "cbnicholson"&cid="2756584"

Since Storm doesn't seem to be as effective, I was trying other prayers and discovered that Aura of Protection only grants unholy aura to my LG Cleric.  Not sure if Rofirein is trying to tell me something here.  Seriously, bug report?

Aura of Protection works fine? You choose Holy or Unholy when you bind it to your quickbar or when you cast by right clicking your character.

As an aside, and I don't want to come off as snippy but this is not some random bug thread on things people think are broken. This thread is about AoE spells that may not be producing effective results most likely due to lag. Cleaner bug report threads make getting things done and recapping what was done easier. :)

cbnicholson

Hmm, maybe I missed
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 11:49:28 am »

Hmm, maybe I missed something, but I did not see an option when binding to quickbar or casting.  I was looking for what you describe here.  I'll look at it again and post a bug report if needed.  Thanks Orth.

Oscar Wilde

orth

cbnicholson wrote:Hmm, maybe
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:20 pm »

Quote from: "cbnicholson"&cid="2756586"

Hmm, maybe I missed something, but I did not see an option when binding to quickbar or casting.  I was looking for what you describe here.  I'll look at it again and post a bug report if needed.  Thanks Orth.

Oh, I was thinking Aura vs Alignment. Aura of Protection? I'm confused. How do you even have that spell? Isn't that a creature ability only?

cbnicholson

yep, my mistake, Aura vs
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 12:40:04 pm »

yep, my mistake, Aura vs alignment. 7- 8th? lvl cleric spell is the one I'm referring to. Although, I was looking at using the extended version in a 9th lvl slot.

http://layonara.com/nwn/aura-versus-alignment  this one.

Oscar Wilde

orth

Hopefully more of the AoE
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 08:05:39 pm »

Hopefully more of the AoE spells are running smoother now. Let me know if there are any more that may concern you via a new thread.

anything