The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Summon Issues:  (Read 949 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
RE: Summon Issues:
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 03:27:00 am »
Summoned Water Elementals (Aerdin, Summon 4) can sometimes drown their clerics too, it happened to Cray a while ago when Viv was travelling with her.

Summoned Elven Striker (Ilsare, Summon 3) has a problem with casting True Strike, and then not attacking after that ... causing alot of problems.

IDii

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 03:51:00 am »
Water elementals sometimes drown allies... Have to be careful when using them, can be more dangerous than fireballs. But it's working as intented.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2005, 06:35:00 pm »
summen 7
neutral
summened Iron Golem

im not shure whats up with this. Ive been told by many its not a good party summen becouse it as an AoE spell. That is not a proablem. But in stright blows and power.. its weaker then summen 6. It has a higher hp, +1 attack, and that AoE thing. It dosent have spell imunitys as summen 6 has. im not shure but i think its DR is weaker or none exstent... i let this thing go intot he broken woods and it was killed in seconds. I can walk around the broken woods with a flame sword and kill things better tehn the summen 7 can and im a mage. Maby i missed somethign that makes it nice... but it shure seams over all weaker then a summen 6. even has lower AC i think.

Now im not seeking powerhouse summens, but level 7 spells are hard to come by, and when this one is doing nothing it kinda sucks to know i waisted the spell slot. So is this working as intended or is it bugged, or maby just something wrong with it *shrugs*

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »
I secodn logan statement...

Celgar has banised his iorn from his sight. They are weak that poison breath won't hit a rat and seems to lack power for a 7th level summon. Infact I have stuck with the stone golem till I got 8th summons and that is rather bad. the attack maybe higer and so is the damage with thie iorn.. I've seen it crit at 97, but what is the use if it Poision breaths till it's turned into scrap

orth

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005, 04:32:00 am »
The iron golem was upgraded last update, I forgot about that in my new version report.

davidtownsend

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
Planar Ally (6th level Cleric)

Cleric 11th level, Dorand, TN

Green Salaad

Just to verify a TN God or Cleric will have a NE Ally.. I have not tried the Critter out in combat yet. If need be I will use him but it looks odd for N to summon Evil.. Guess in OOC I will explain it's a bug if it is until it's fixed and to have everyone pretend (we all remember how dont we?) it is a proper Ally as I see no reason to punish myself for a bug.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 06:12:00 pm »
IIRC Slaadi are CN or maybe CE, though if its CN that might explain why you're summoning it.

If it says NE on its character sheet (you can view the char sheet of your own summon right?) Then I'm thinking the bug is that its alignment is marked incorrectly

-TV

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 06:20:00 pm »
Slaadi are CN.  The only Slaad I know of that is anything other than CN is the Death Slaad, which is CE according to the MM, which is only sideline to NWN and Layonara.

davidtownsend

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 09:56:00 pm »
OK then it's character sheet is bugged thanks for the info.

Filatus

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 07:09:00 pm »
I think the death slaad could use some tweaking. I mean the one that is summoned with greater planar binding. When he starts he casts see invisiblity 4 times in a row, maybe makes it just once? :)

Here's part of my log. It happened everytime I summoned him.

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:21] Summoned Death Slaad casting See Invisibility
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:23] Summoned Death Slaad casts See Invisibility
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:24] Summoned Death Slaad casting See Invisibility
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:26] Summoned Death Slaad casts See Invisibility
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:27] Summoned Death Slaad casting See Invisibility
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:29] Summoned Death Slaad casts See Invisibility
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:30] Summoned Death Slaad casting See Invisibility
[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Dec 14 19:06:32] Summoned Death Slaad casts See Invisibility

PS: Is there any difference between the death slaad that gets summoned with gate and the one that gets summoned with greater planar binding?

blonde

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 07:12:00 pm »
The gate doesnt summon a death slaad, so yes, they are pretty different ;)

Filatus

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005, 07:16:00 pm »

Heheh, yes. I looked it up in the handbook and it doesn't specify the type. Might have mixed them up.

orth

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2005, 06:27:00 pm »
Filatus - 12/14/2005  10:09 PM

I think the death slaad could use some tweaking. I mean the one that is summoned with greater planar binding. When he starts he casts see invisiblity 4 times in a row, maybe makes it just once? :)

This was the default Bioware Summoned Death Slaad, I've made a Layo one which doesn't have multiple spells that NPC AI tends to cast repeatedly in the next update.  Let me know how he works out.

Filatus

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2005, 04:08:00 am »

The new one will come in the next update right? I'll get back then and thanks.

666hellspawn

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2006, 02:01:18 am »
summon level 7

Summoned shadow Fiend

my summon don't attack anymore. When i enter a fight he just stands there, looking around...i can press attack nearest but he will not do anything. He follows me around, he stays near me when i ask him too, he holds his ground when i ask him too....but he will not attack...is this a bug or did i do something wrong to him...a summon that isn't attacking isn't very usefull....could it be he's just lazy?

xxx abi (Abigail Ruzz)

Talan Va'lash

Re: Summon Issues:
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2006, 03:01:18 am »
The shadow fiend has always been broken (not just on layo.)

I know orth made some change that might have fixed it, but I'm not sure if he changed the shadow dancer ability shadow conjuration, greater shadow conjuration, shades, etc. to summon the new version rather than the bioware version.

On top of that I'm not sure if the change fixed the not attacking bug.

The change had something to do with removing a darkness ability or somesuch.

Edit: If nothing else works, the summons name should just be changed to "Shadow Friend" He's a lover not a fighter.

666hellspawn

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 03:33:51 pm »
whaha...so it means i have a shade who tries to bore the enemies to death by doing nothing

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 07:34:57 am »
Summon III + IV

My ranger (lvl 16) follows Folian and can summon a lvl3 or a lvl4 summon, means an ancient dire wolf or bear. I don't know why, but the wolf is lvl 15 and the bear only 11. Sure, the bear has still more HP, but less attacks. While the wolf attacks with 18/13/8, the bear only got 2 attacks with 17/12.
I only wanted to if it is alright this way, because the IV seems weaker than the III.

Thanks in advance, LotF

Variable

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 10:51:06 am »
Both the summons have different uses. the bear is amazing at taking blows since it has so many hp, while the wolf is better at dealing damage. And the difference in levels is so that the wolf will have more attacks per round and a higher AB. and the bear just had hp added on so that it will have a lower AB.

I think they are working as intended, and both are really useful, just in different ways.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 05:04:34 pm »
ive actually seen this brought up before, likly if you look further back in this thread you will find it. And i belive it was working as intended.