The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Krandor Crypt Spawns  (Read 334 times)

Variable

Krandor Crypt Spawns
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:01:34 pm »
The Krandor Crypt spawns, (the one at the entrance and the second one from the entrance) have poorly positioned spawn triggers and spawn points. On exiting the crypts, the spawns are triggered and appear directly next to the party, often resulting in death.

I think the spawn point needs to be moved farther away from the trigger, and the triggers need to be repositioned where they will only trigger when the party is out of sight.

Lengthing the respawn timer may also help.

-Variable

Dorganath

RE: Krandor Crypt Spawns
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:06:24 am »
I believe these are designed as "ambush spawns" as people leave the crypts.  They've been that way as long as I can remember, and it's always critical for a group to stay together or at least be vigillant in those crypts.  I don't think the place was intended to be easy at all.
  My inclination is that the spawns are fine where they are.  We could not make it so that the encounter will trigger when someone enters the crypt and not when they leave.  It would be possible to move the spawn points, but if the party is spread out, the same issue occurs.  These crypts are a place where good party management is key.  Lengthening the respawn timer would likely remove all challenge to exiting the crypt.  
  And of course, there's a mid-level quest and CNR down there.  It can't be completely easy.  :)

Variable

Re: Krandor Crypt Spawns
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:46:03 am »
I still think there needs to be some change, because as it is currently even if your party is entirely group together, you will still be almost in the middle of the spawn when it occurs. And if there is even a little bit of lag you will be in them and almost dead by the time you see that they are there.

If it is meant to be a spawn that you have to fight on the way out why no have it soawn as you cross the bridge on the way out so that you can actually see that you need to fight something before you are in the middle of their spawn point. And the same with the other spawn, Have it trigger when you come through the door or down the hall from the other side so that they don't spawn right behind you, follow you out, and start attacking Little Nikki before you load through.

I understand that this is supposed to be difficult but I think it should be made so that with good party management it is possible to see and prepare for what you need to fight on the way out.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 11:00:05 am »
Being able to see something before you fight it sort of defeats the purpose of the "ambush spawn".  :)
  Now, that doesn't mean I won't take a look at them, but there's no hard and fast rule that says one should be able to see enemies before they see you. They're undead...they rise from the ground amongst the piles of bones and such. And you're in their house.
  For reference, I've been down there with a party as small as 2 people and no healer and done just fine. I've also seen larger groups of people go charging through, get quickly in too deeply and come running right back out with undead in tow.

Weeblie

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 11:09:31 am »
There are "ambush spawns" in other places too...

So, the general rule of thumb is to always walk around fully buffed and with swords drawns. :D

(and, of course, have invisibility potions... just in case! ;) )

Blackguy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 11:18:03 am »
That spawn have been like that for 3 years or so now. Its always a good way to see if a group are well knit toghetere, when they try to leave.

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 11:19:52 am »
As Blackguy stated they have been that way for a very long time. They are intentional and shall remain as such.

Nyralotep

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 11:21:10 am »
I want to see the traps from a long time ago put back in there myself.