The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Won't upload images  (Read 244 times)

Kenderfriend

Won't upload images
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:14:56 am »
Alright, I'm not sure whats going on here, but I've tried about ten times to upload a file and every times I click on 'Upload/Submit' it takes a while to process and then says it's uploaded, but  it doesn't come up in the newest images or in my gallery. . . :\

Lynn1020

Re: Won't upload images
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:48:06 pm »
I have had this problem before as well but still not sure what the issues was.  I ended up emailing the image to another computer in the house and uploading it from that computer. That worked for me. :p  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:56:12 am »
try uploading them to a hosting site, just to see if it works there? If not then you might have a setting that blocks outgoing ports.. or something.

Andrios

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:26:10 pm »
you also may want to check that your file format is supported.  
For example that the file is xxx.jpg or whatever is supported by the server.  (sorry not sure exactly which ones are)
That happened to me awhile back and when I converted the image files to a supported format the pictures uploaded fine.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:52:30 pm »
Also, certain file-types have upload limits, so if the file is too big, it won't upload, though you'll usually get an error message indicating that's the case.

Kenderfriend

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 10:00:41 am »
Thanks for the help :) I tried changing them from jpeg files to gif files and that seems to have worked... so its all fine now!

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 09:51:54 pm »
I always up load jpegs. So i don't think this is your problem.

ycleption

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 10:28:51 pm »
how are you converting them to jpg?
Some types of jpg images save additional little information to the file, which don't work when used in many web applications. If your image editor has a "save for web" little checkbox, make sure its checked.

I strongly discourage you from saving as a gif, unless its something with only a few colors and simple design, like a chart or clip art or something.

anything