The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Certain terrain features render based on camera?  (Read 5736 times)

swoop

Certain terrain features render based on camera?
« on: August 26, 2019, 05:54:19 pm »
So, I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended. Certain terrain features such as the tall grass in windjammer's bay only render to the sides and behind the character based on the camera, if that makes sense. (see screen shot attached) Not a huge issue for tall grass, but it came into play the other day while traveling through some mountains that I can't recall the name of but there were some spiders if that helps. Anyway there seemed to be a fog or some such that restricted my vision as just black where ever the camera was facing, but if I ran with the camera sideways I could see ahead fine, but with blackness to one side or the other. any thoughts on settings in game, or something else that might be causing this?

davidhoff

Re: Certain terrain features render based on camera?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 09:28:41 pm »
I think the blackness you describe seeing has occurred for me too.  It's like a darkness or blackness just outside the immediate are you stand and kinda off in the horizon.  It happened at the top of Thunderpeek Mountains (on the way up for our Cainforge trip).  I dismissed it as my bad vid card.  I noticed it mostly going up the mount and fighting the undeaders.  I didn't notice it as much last time; maybe I got used to it.  But for me, as long as I don't freeze...I can live with it.

anything