The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Access denied - Suggestion  (Read 1053 times)

RollinsCat

Access denied - Suggestion
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:19:48 am »
Guessing that those of us with Access Denied issues can't read the responses to the other posts being made on that topic, I know I can't - perhaps use social media to post the issue/resolution, until it's fixed?

The following users thanked this post: gilshem ironstone

gilshem ironstone

I am having this issue as
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:30:20 am »

I am having this issue as well.  Good idea RC.

Dorganath

Already doing it!Both times
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 01:29:00 pm »

Already doing it!

Both times we have initiated a rebuild of permissions to the forums in the last few days, it has been posted on our social media feeds.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Layonara/86200297863

Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/108257534840805289152

Twitter: https://twitter.com/layonara

In addition, we have been putting a message on the site's home page as well:  http://layonara.com

Dorganath

And for clarity, it's not an
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 01:37:38 pm »

And for clarity, it's not an issue that needs "fixed". It's a permission rebuild of the forums due to us rearranging things a bit for better organization. The rebuild process causes the "Access Denied" issues for everyone, and the process takes hours to run...presently somewhere between 12-15 hours based on observations.

You can tell it's resolved by trying to access the site.  If you get an Access Denied message, it's not done. If you don't, it's completed.  It sounds low-tech but it's essentially what we (admins) do as well.

Rowana

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in;
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 02:01:00 pm »

Further, we have one more of these coming. As posted in the letter yesterday, we weren't able to squeeze everything into the limited time window we had available. Either tonight or sometime over the weekend we will be able to get the last of the organization in and the permissions run and then we will be finished with that particular project. Just for the record, we did this before the data loss too, Orth was just super magic and was able to do it all in one fell swoop last time. This time we're not so lucky. Once this is done this time, it will be done short of having to reorganize again or some crazy reason (which we have no idea what that would be!!).

We are REALLY sorry about the inconvenience and we are trying very hard to get the word out but there's only so much we can do from our end. Stay as aware as you can over the next few days and spread the word to those who don't regularly access social media to help everyone stay connected. Remember also that Facebook does not -always- post everything to your feed despite your having 'liked it' and told Facebook you want to hear from us. Either we drop a spending budget on each post we make or you guys can take a peek over at the page directly and see what's going on. For Twitter and G+ it all goes in your feed (AFAIK) but I can only repost things so many times before it becomes someone else's irritating spam. So again, please check out the stuff if you're curious about what might be happening, and help spread the word through the community as necessary.

To reiterate, we have one more run of the permissions process at some point in the next few days and we WILL post to social media and probably to the front page again to let everyone know when that is, in advance if we can!

Thanks again for your patience!
~row

RollinsCat

I'm sorry if my post came off
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 05:01:06 pm »

I'm sorry if my post came off wrong. I noted it because the update link listed was access denied - so I thought to suggest explaining the situation in text instead of a link back to a post that people may not be able to open.

Side note - I still have all the screenshots I uploaded from the Q&A section. If it's value-added to the team, I can rebuild those questions/answers if it's re-installed.

Dorganath

RollinsCat"&cid="2751140
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 12:36:22 am »

Quote from: "RollinsCat"&cid="2751140"

Side note - I still have all the screenshots I uploaded from the Q&A section. If it's value-added to the team, I can rebuild those questions/answers if it's re-installed.

Apologies for the delayed response to this...

Yes, please. And if in the course of doing so, you discover features which were added at some point to the site before the crash which seem to be missing, please submit an appropriate issue to we can get it restored.

anything