The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: "thanks"  (Read 185 times)

akata

"thanks"
« on: January 02, 2006, 03:11:00 pm »
i just wanted to say "thank you" to the nice person that dragged the drake from black hill down to the exit from the desert. i hope that i can one day repay the favor to you

love Angela

Nyralotep

RE: "thanks"
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 04:54:00 pm »
Nob and Beasty came upon that wyrm in the black hills as well and Beasty fell in battle.  He did get it near death and it was polished off by two missle swarms at range.  There was another grave there as well, Jharl I think it was.  I sure don't know where it came from though.  Whover it was probably was trying to get away but didn't realize someone else would get killed by it.

Olme

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 05:22:00 pm »
I too was a victim of that misplaced thing.. I was dead before I knew what hit me. I did note thatit was 'injured' when it attacked me., so someone had been messing with it.

KageKeeper

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:33:00 pm »
Yep.

That somebody was Luna.

I was trying to see if I could take it in elemental shape. I couldn't and it killed me. I died on the hill however and not near an exit.

Sorry you were killed Olme, however I was not leading the drake away, I was moving around in the area and got hit by its blasted sonic attack and killed.

~KK

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 05:43:00 pm »
The placement of that drake really is not very good.  If anyone fights it at all and it moves just a bit in any direction it will spot people traversing that area (which is bad since there is no way to pass from northern to southern Dregar without going through that area.)  Also, in many positions even if it doesn't get dragged far, by the time you can see the drake it will spot you due to the cliffs making LoS short.  The bugbears that used to spawn there were a better choice for the area.

So far posted in this thread 5 people were killed just because the drake was pulled a short distance from its spawn location.

-TV

Warrior_Erik

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 06:51:00 pm »
I as in Beasty who was with Nob at the time who came across the drake that was near the transition kill me and gave me a death token which sucked.

Filatus

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 05:13:00 am »

Got DT'd by that drake? Join the club. Daeron makes it a habit nowadays to kill that dragon each time he passes the black hills.

Vyris

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 06:48:00 am »
I've gone through there literaly hundreds of times without ever rousing the drake, I know it's there and leave it be. Everyone knows the Drakes are nasty little buggers.

Vyris

Ne'er

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 06:58:00 am »
Hey, I'm in the DT'd by the drake club too!