The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: (Small version by request)  (Read 433 times)

Chongo

(Small version by request)
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:50:53 pm »
[SIZE=16]" As we descended we came upon the last dwarven tunnel, a hallway that led to a large natural cavern. The hall was rough as though the cutters broke through into the cavern and left their duties of perfecting the path for another time, one that never came. Thus began a descent deeper and deeper, tunnels not dug by hands but burrowed or even eaten from the solid core of the mountain high above us lead from cavern to cavern. No more level rooms were to be found as we went down, further and further into Layonara. The simple clans and beasts from above grew scarce as deeper and fouler beasts, some that have never seen the sun, turned common and our group now trekked slowly and carefully."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16]---Harolgar, Frostblade  of the White Fox Clan---[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16] About a month or so ago I tendered my resignation to Layonara team. I used to be able to crank out hours upon hours of building on top of playing the game for hours on end. These days I can't really find committed time to fulfill my duties as a full time quest GM on top of growing our little garden of NWN Layonara. I thought about clinging onto the GM seat, I really did. But all I'd end up doing is passing judgement or chiming in my steady opinion from afar without an inkling or grasp of our community. So it's time to call it quits.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16] [/SIZE]    
[SIZE=16]When I started off with the relic based entry theme/ system, I built a good chunk of new material. It was closed and locked off waiting for completion both in building and the scripting needed to successfully implement it. Also, older material that had been converted was locked off. Since Dorg finalized 1.69 several weeks ago, I picked up the modules for one last swing and wrapped everything up that I was capable of handling on my own, with a little help on puzzle scripting from ScriptWrecked (thanks script).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]The major new addition to the server is the region of the Great Spikes of the Blinding Lands, implemented as closely to Ed's team's new writings on it as I could muster knowing all the potentials of the toolset... of course with ample spins and twists on it to appropriately get an amused growl from Ed. The adventure of these northern realms is pretty neat. It's an older and perhaps simpler vibe, one that I had a lot of fun working on. And the GM who first picks up on the nature of the region and the number of quests to be had here is lucky. All in all around 70 areas that were either locked off or didn't yet exist are now in game and waiting for you. There are also a couple of new quest areas to get things kicking on quests. Beyond that it's the normal fixes here and there, trying to wrap the monster that was too hard here, and the area that needed a bit of love there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]I've had a great time working on this module, and hope you guys liked what came of v3. I'll support fixes for the next couple of weeks to make sure nothing is quirky, and after that I'll still be around playing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16]So, I suppose I'll see you in there, and remember - when you find a book, take the time to read it and talk about it. It may save your life.[/SIZE]

The following users thanked this post: orth, EdTheKet, Kethryc, s0ulz, jrizz, akata, jadewillow, Stephen_Zuckerman, Lynn1020, Link092

Link092

Re: (Small version by request)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:51:52 pm »
hehe, your so kind. now I can read with out losing my spot. :D

Chongo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:53:04 pm »
Ah, it's a cheap excuse for more thanks hits.

:rolleyes:

Link092

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:54:13 pm »
*chuckles*

Pseudonym

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:33:32 pm »
Quote from: Chongo
Ah, it's a cheap excuse for more thanks hits.

:rolleyes:

Shameless.

Chongo

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:52 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym
Shameless.

Alright, now you've gone too far.  This lie has gone on for long enough, and yet you mock me for it despite me staying true to our agreement.  This may result in my banning, but I'm so incredibly sick of it that I can't hold it in.

Psuedo paid me in didgeridoos and vegemite to unfairly manipulate and raise his thanks count.

There, I've said it.  I've pressed the thanks button on archived posts from Pseudo for over 7 months.  I kept a count too, and it's at exactly 364 thanks as of this post.

And that didgeridoo you sent was broken... jerk.

jrizz

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:01:58 am »
*falls over laughing*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:15:17 am »
I've actually Thanksed every Just for Fun post Pseudo has ever made. The few exceptions are due to my error, not my intention.

So far, he's winning the battle against Chongo, but still far behind the Dorg-machine.

s0ulz

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 12:37:31 am »
Excellent work as always Chongo, you've put so much effort into the module it's amazing. Thanks again, man.

Pseudonym

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 07:20:11 am »
Quote from: Chongo

Psuedo paid me in didgeridoos and vegemite to unfairly manipulate and raise his thanks count.

We have a currency thanks very much!

EDIT: We -had- a currency up until recently. Americans, please manage your economy better in the future.

Link092

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 08:03:35 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym
We have a currency thanks very much!

EDIT: We -had- a currency up until recently. Americans, please manage your economy better in the future.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to that... :p

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 11:19:48 pm »
Quote from: Link092
I'm not quite sure how to respond to that... :p

The customary American "Duh... We're doin' a great job, you foreigner! You'd better git, or I'll mess you up! We're the best nation in the world!"

With much love to all the Americans out there. :)

Link092

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 01:25:44 pm »
hehe. just note that it's not all of us that are like that. hey, look at me! *grins stupidly*

of course, those big banks are really screwing us over... I'm beginning to wonder how hard moving out of the house will be. *shudders*

Chongo

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 03:23:07 pm »

anything