The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *Sighs heavily, cursing Wal-Mart and it's prices*  (Read 769 times)

darkwulf365

*Sighs heavily, cursing Wal-Mart and it's prices*
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:15:22 pm »
Ok...today, was driving with my fiancee, who is a big WoW freak.  We started talking about it, and as usual I expressed my distaste for said Blizzard software product.  Stopping at Best Buy, she told me I should buy it, and in an offhand manner I scoffed "Heh, if the stupid thing ever comes down to $20, I'll buy it, it's not worth much more...Unreal with stats, that's all it is I'm telling you"

35 minutes later, standing in the electronics section at Wal-Mart, staring with a slightly open mouth at a copy of WoW for $19.77, and my wife to be beaming proudly beside me...

So, I ask you all, please alert me if I start showing signs of...WoWishness, I know no other way to describe it...but I think you all will understand.

*Grudgingly inserts disc 1 of five (I guess a DVD would've made too much sense) and starts the painful install/patch/pre-pwnership process*

Leanthar

Re: *Sighs heavily, cursing Wal-Mart and it's prices*
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 12:17:22 pm »
Hehe.. Fun game though really. Beware of getting sucked in. No RP but lots of action.

Deacon

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 12:22:18 pm »
No RP like Leanthar said, but it's still a good game.  Scratch that, a GREAT game.

LordCove

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 12:24:12 pm »
Have no fear.....a friend of mine badgered me for ages to buy WOW....and so I did....spending a ridiculous £24.99 for Wow ( Thats at least $30 ) and installed it. I did some quests, armoured myself up....hit Level 14 in no time and joined my friend in some of those PVP battles. It is a good game...with beautiful graphics....but needless to say, a week or two later....here I am, with WoW  stashed in the draw beside me, where it will likely stay for some time.

Weeblie

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 12:30:58 pm »
It's a nice game if you just want to relax (read: bash) a little. ;)

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 12:31:26 pm »
if you get in the right guilds and stuff there is roleplay to be had.

Lindel

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 12:52:34 pm »
my friends play it....they grind all day and farm *sighs*

there are some not so nice people there, someone was hosting a funeral for someone who died irl, then this group of level 60's come and pk everyone there....=(

however Leeroy was hilarious

Falonthas

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 12:56:01 pm »
had a gf who bugged me to play that bloody game i dl the trial and played for 10 minutes before i uninstalled

could not do it nope

akata

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 01:05:18 pm »
love the game just dont play it and think its about RP'ing *shrugs* and there is a lot of nice people in there too but a lot of very young people too :P guess you can figure out what that means if you play on a pvp server

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 03:01:26 pm »
Yes actually the trial run I gave of it landed me within a guild of Rpers within 5 minutes of reaching the nearest tavern.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 03:02:09 pm »
Actually.. I am part of an RP guild in EQ2, but since I'm borrowing a spotty internet connection I haven't been anywhere as of late >: (

Gulnyr

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 05:17:53 pm »
Voice of Sir David Attenborough:  "Here we see the nefarious Nexus macularum, commonly called the Spotty Internet Connection.  This parasite has spread throughout the entire world, causing uncomfortable symptoms for anyone affected.  In extreme circumstances, an affected person may be driven to such lengths as to go outside."

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 01:20:14 pm »
Ok no more dots...

jrizz

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 02:01:11 pm »
I have a copy of WoW. Never installed it, only time and room in my life for one game. I choose Layo :)

crazedgoblin

RE: *Sighs heavily, cursing Wal-Mart and it's prices*
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 02:04:21 pm »
I played WoW for abit aswell as Starwars Galaxies until....it happend *shudders*anyway thats another story........ I still go on on occasionly though, the things that put me off it was the number of people who message you asking you to spend real money to buy ingame currency.
  You can add them to ignore but all they do is make a new level 1 and spam away.... and it also gave birth to my hate of abreviated text. and another thing i don't like is

enough negativity, if you like that style of game then its good 8)

Niles09

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 02:08:00 pm »
I have a friend who plays it alot, borrowed it once, but never made it past the patching :P

Anyway, from what Ive seen there are lots of lots of action! Though then I prefer a combination of Layo in the evening and a good FPS now and then :)

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 05:32:52 pm »
America's Army is the FPS for me.
As for the other time its spent on Layo.

crazedgoblin

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 08:19:27 am »
FPS is good aswell i play Battlefield 2

Wraithdur

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 08:31:27 am »
i don't really know much about WOW.
but other games which ask you to spend mony on subscriptions >:/  
WRAITHDUR SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRAITHDUR BASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:/

Eight-Bit

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 08:58:10 am »
I actually LOVE WoW. It's nice. Just think, when nothing happens on Layo, you have a nice alternative! Always check out the bright side, it's generally... brighter. That was going to be better. It's too early.
  On a better note, WoW loot and items have an actual monetary value thanks to those crazy farmers who sell items, profiles, and gold over the interweb. Heh. A buddy of mine makes his beer money selling WoW junk via the game, a paypal account, and too much time on his hands.

anything