The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 11 New NwN2 Screenshots - Posted Today!  (Read 596 times)

Leanthar

Chongo

RE: 11 New NwN2 Screenshots - Posted Today!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 07:03:32 pm »
*cringes even more at the upcoming expenses*

The terrain mapping in the running hill shot looks gorgeous.

SuperMunch

Re: 11 New NwN2 Screenshots - Posted Today!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 07:52:19 pm »
Holy Bananas!

Good thing I seriously overspec'd the PC I bought last november, I'm gonna need it come september (or whenever it comes out here).

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 08:02:30 pm »
Mmm-hm, time to get moving and start thinking about buying a new video card, and put some more RAM on my computer. ^_^

Deacon

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:59:26 pm »
I can't wait for it to be released.  I may want to get a new video card or two...even though I'm sure mine could handle this just fine.

Icurus

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 10:27:23 pm »
Okay, that's cool stuff.

Thank the Gods I can run stuff like that. Actually use my computer for what it was made for besides BF2.

The only problem I see is that there will probably be a lot of fans of NWN that couldn't play NWN2 and the lag for all those improved graphics, I'm thinking, will cause each continent of Layonara to have to have it's own server. I'm no computer expert but even with BF2 the lag gets horrible when more than 40 people are playing and that's a high graphic game.

Maelstrom

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:20:42 pm »
    Words .. cant explain.. shouldve sent.. a poet

Weeblie

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:28:43 pm »
    *groans*

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

Ar7

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 03:00:33 am »
    With these screenshots out and the number of "future" topics we can clearly state that Layonara has entered the NWN2 craze *nods*

Very nice screenshots thought, the detail on character bodies is amazing, finally our characters will be special not only on the inside, but on the outside as well.

Varka

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 04:57:49 am »
    Did I just hear a little voice inside my head saying "Skip your job and play Layo 24/7"....

feniox

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 05:34:58 am »
    Sorry if im being an idiot and overlooked this somewhere, but does anyone know what the actual spec for nwn2 is going to be?

Blackguy

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 06:48:30 am »
    Well im not that impressed, but I know that you cant expect the final result from these screens. Im more impressed by the PoV distance on maps and the general atmosphere nwn2 is gonna bring. Graphics is nice, but thats not why I play. Just look at Nwn1 :D

crazedgoblin

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 08:31:32 am »
    decent!

Shadowblade225

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 09:55:15 am »
    They're really nice - be nit picky if you will, but I personally am now even more exited. This coupled with a soon-to-be purchase of a decent gaming computer will mean I'll need to fight off the urge to play constantly. Thank you for posting them.

Icurus

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 10:06:23 am »
    The more I see these pics the more I think about the graphics for Guild War...geez, that is one heck of a boring game...but the graphics were impressive.

SuperMunch

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 10:22:38 am »
    Yeah Icurus...  Despite not playing Guild War, bells and whistles aren't always the guarantee to good gameplay.

Ultima 9 was fancy but sucked yet Nethack is really ugly but is still one of most flexible games around.

feniox

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 10:36:03 am »
    Icurus - 4/27/2006  10:06 AM

The more I see these pics the more I think about the graphics for Guild War...geez, that is one heck of a boring game...but the graphics were impressive.

I hated that game mostly because it is "a roleplay game without the roleplay" as I like to refer to it. Completely ruined the whole experience, I quit after less than two weeks.

Belecthor

• View Profile
      « Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 03:07:38 am »
      Man... Thats... What can I say... I´m humble before whats at the horizon...

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 03:35:26 am »
      feniox - 4/27/2006  11:36 AM

Icurus - 4/27/2006  10:06 AM

I hated that game mostly because it is "a roleplay game without the roleplay" as I like to refer to it. Completely ruined the whole experience, I quit after less than two weeks.

Like WoW?

An RPG with out the roleplaying I term a  PG or, "Playing Game."

As the verb "playing" becomes a bit cumbersome and redundant in this term, it can be shortened to G or, "Game."

After removing the extraneous verbage we can now see the appropriate term to apply to such titles is simply "Game."

It sounds like Guild War is a Game.

feniox

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 06:32:57 am »
      I think that pretty much sums it up really.

The main problem isn't the game itself but the players, because there is no screening/submission process like in layo, there is nothing to stop it falling apart and you end up with people running around shouting that they are looking for groups, and speaking in txt language and all that.

So yes, guild wars is definately a "game" and not a particularly good one at that.

anything