The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A belated farewell  (Read 1149 times)

Talan Va'lash

A belated farewell
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:19:54 am »
Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to make this post for some months now, but every time I thought about making it I'd think to myself, "Oh, I'll come back." Once I started thinking about Layonara again I'd get excited to come back and do one thing or another. But I never did come back and GM or play. The fact of the matter is, NWN had a good run (and I've spent and absolutely obscene amount of time playing it) but I'm tired of it. I'm not tired of Layonara, but I just don't want to play NWN anymore, and haven't for a while.

I'd like to formally announcing my resignation from all Layonara position that I've held and release any and all of my characters to NPC use.

Talan's house should go to Lalaith, I believe her and some other characters still use it. Akki's house in Krandor (137 I think, the one closest to the crypts) can be resold.

----

Since about the time I completely disappeared (last December-Januaryish) I've been working on my own project which has captured most of my free time. You can read about it on my blog at:

Cutthroat Studios Developer’s Blog

It's not an MMO or even in the same genre as Layonara, I hope L does not mind me posting the link. The Layonara MMO should come out well before it anyway, which I'm looking forward to as well!

If anyone wants to reach me, feel free to do so! You can find my contact information on the contact page of the website I linked to above (I'm trying to avoid posting my email address on forums these days, some of the email addresses I used to do that with now get more penis enlargement spam than I thought was possible lol.)

Anyway, Have fun everybody! I'm sorry that I won't be here to share the road.

Jesse Wright, AKA SongOfTheWeave, Talan Va'lash

Makashi

Re: A belated farewell
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:33:13 am »
Was nice hearing from you anyway, remember Talan being around loads when I was new here myself, can understand you being tired of NWN though.

Take care in the future and good luck with the project.

Thak

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:05:22 am »
Hey Bud thought you wasn't round much and wondered where ye got to. :) That Engine is shaping up nicely. Great work, no small endeavor that. All the best and hope to see you 'round

Cheers

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:10:01 am »
A sad farewell. :(

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:23:48 am »
Take care Talan and see you in Layonara when the MMO comes out!

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 10:48:19 am »
Thanks for taking the time to make this post Talan.  I've been wondering where you had been.  Thank you for being a great teacher/mentor, you absolutely had the most influence on me as a player and I definately learned how to better enjoy the game because of the time you spent working with me and the other guys from the old Hawaii group.  Good luck on your new project and I'll look forward to seeing you in the new MMO when it arrives.

EdTheKet

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 10:49:48 am »
Goodbye and good luck!

osxmallard

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 11:32:20 am »
Miss you bud and good luck!  I'll give Talan and Akki the love they need as NPC's.  =)

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 12:26:07 pm »
Aww best of luck out there Talan :)

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 12:42:53 pm »
Oh! Hey man. Been wondering about you.  Nice progress on the engine.  Best of luck to your efforts. :)

akata

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 01:10:07 pm »
take care and best of luck :)

Blackguy

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 01:23:45 pm »
Take care and goodluck!

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 01:42:23 pm »
Best of luck for you and thank you for everything that you've given to the community and the world.

See you sometime in the future ;)

jrizz

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 01:44:08 pm »
Nice looking engine. All the best to you.

Chongo

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 01:58:54 pm »
Good stuff there bud, thanks for touching base.

Chazzler

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 02:35:45 pm »
Sad to see you go, but I appreciate you telling us of your departure and the reasons, I liked those quests of yours that I was on as Godim or some other oldie character. Your game engine looks swell, I hope you all the best with that!

Oh, and we'll see if you'll come back to Layo on it's MMO rebirth ;)

EventHorizon

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 03:07:16 pm »
Take care and good luck to you! :)

aragwen

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 03:13:35 pm »
Take care and good luck with your new venture.

ycleption

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 10:47:49 pm »
Always enjoyed your quests... take care and enjoy yourself.

RouterBlade

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 11:46:45 pm »
Take care man, was nice knowing you through the good and bad :)