The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Campaign To Free Up Houses  (Read 977 times)

Chongo

A Campaign To Free Up Houses
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:13:34 pm »
This is for everyone who owns a home in game but does not play their character enough to warrant it.

I don't think the build team should be responsible for cleaning up unused homes, or rather I don't think Orth or Dorg should have to spend the time doing a manual DB edit.

A lot of us have old characters with a home.  We don't use the homes, they're just sitting there collecting dust with old junk.

Now, my hope is that my gesture starts a chain from these folks.  You know perfectly well who you are.  There are a lot of newcomers who just haven't had that chance to own a home and try it out.  We had our chance, and if you haven't played your character more then 10 hours in the past two months... I'd call that a pretty good starting sign.

I've been greedy with Ket's home for over a year now.  Time to fess up.

I'm going to put Ketil's back on the market this week.  I hope others follow suit.  (Lillian, I hope you're on board with this.  You may want to clear out your things.  Donate them!)

The following users thanked this post: Kethryc, Gulnyr, jan, Chazzler

jan

Re: A Campaign To Free Up Houses
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 07:35:22 am »
Good idea Chongo , throw in the restriction that the houses only should be sold to chars not involved in a guild or organisation and you make me wish i thought off it earlier ;)

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:01:31 am »
I would like to see this happen. It is needed in my opinion. Jan, that idea is a pretty darn good one as well.

I can hear the screams of why it isn't (heard them all dozens times over the years) but clearly there is a problem with limited housing (and we can't solve that problem due to NwN Module size limiations) that has not (and is not) being resolved by the player base itself.

Chongo

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:26:57 pm »
*Bump*

Kethryc

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 02:09:52 pm »
I think this is a great idea.  I remember the thrill of buying my first Layo house in Krandor and played heavily for a while, then I didn't, and my house was sold as I was not playing. Completely fair thing to do.  I was reimbursed for it and such, so no biggie, and I get here, and another wonderful player sold me their home.  It was really a wonderful thing and got me excited about playing again.

So, I thought it was fair to abandon it and have it removed, and was thankful a long time player would sell to me.

Also, you can sell your furniture and items on the market!  IT would stir up the market and be great.

Thanks for the idea.

Link092

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 02:36:29 pm »
It's a great Idea.

sadly, I don't own any houses do free up.... ;)

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 03:57:14 pm »
I would love to see Sniverous Coldpepper's house freed up to the community.  This character perm'd several months ago and there's absolutely no need to keep the house around.  He never wrote a will or anything so as far as I'm concerned, the house and all belongings could be siezed by the local government (although now I'm wishing I'd sent his fortune to some worthy cause).  

Since this probably means work for Dorg or Orth though I'm not sure this really meets the intent of the thread.  Is there any other option to get this house back on the market?

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 03:59:56 pm »
Quote from: Dorax Windsmith
Since this probably means work for Dorg or Orth though I'm not sure this really meets the intent of the thread.  Is there any other option to get this house back on the market?

The easiest way is always for the owner to sell it back.  But since the owner is dead, just post a request and we'll get it handled.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 04:03:17 pm »
In the disputes forum?

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 04:17:27 pm »
Quote from: Dorax Windsmith
In the disputes forum?

Yessir!

Alatriel

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 06:14:17 pm »
There are a bunch of houses outside Blackford Castle that have names attached, are those players still active?

Pibemanden

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 06:23:50 pm »
I know one of the Blackford Castle houses is currently being used by a player who is active, the others though I somehow doubt.

Link092

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »
Jilsponie has the second house there.... She uses it regularly from what I know.... I have yet to see the others in use.

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 01:00:42 am »
Just to confirm what link said. yes she uses the house in blackfort regularly