The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A fond farewell!  (Read 444 times)

Polak76

A fond farewell!
« on: June 28, 2007, 01:58:11 am »
Greetings all.

I just wanted to express a fond farwell to all those whom I've had the pleasure of meeting in the three-plus years I've been here and to all those others that I wish i did.

My departure has nothing to do with with any of the future changes for Layo, its strictly a time constraint.  I'm back at university and need to put my head down for another six years part time.  Toss in a family, a busy company and some other personal business goals and I'm left with little time for recreation.

To L and his crew, I hope you guys succeed in your plans and create a new Layo that rattles the world of RP!  You've certainly kept me enthralled during my time here and I commend you all for your efforts.  

Best of health, wealth and happiness to everyone out there.

Take care.

Polak76

DMOE

Re: A fond farewell!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 02:11:24 am »
Good luck with university and your other personal goals!

Always sad to see someone go but as the saying goes....RL comes first.

stragen

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 03:10:20 am »
Farewell!    Some of my best role-playing was done at University.  Fond memories.

Skywatcher

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:46:05 am »
Take care out there

Pseudonym

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 03:51:12 am »
You'll be missed mate. Who else will be able to tell me the stats of every possible build conceivable up to level 40? :)

It's a shame that so much of your input into the world of Layonara, the financing of the Mistone Corath Temple and the numerous plans, pointers, prayers, plots and parables you have contributed on that forum are not seen and appreciated by the majority of the player base.

Take care,
Matt aka Pseudonym

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 04:41:19 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
Who else will be able to tell me the stats of every possible build conceivable up to level 40?

Chongo.

>.>

-----

Anyway, I haven't been around as a player much in the past while and my memories of playing with you Polak are from long long ago, but they're very fond memories.

Remember that time we locked ourselves into Storan's crypt and as we stood there waiting for the invisibility to run out and began to embrace the inevitable... we thought of a hair-brained scheme.. which worked? Then smug with the feeling of cheating death we went to the ogre cave to mine topaz and promptly died stupidly.

I think I lost 50k xp in that...

yeah, if anyone needs an idea of how long ago that was, it was back when you lost 10% of TOTAL xp when you died and back when Talan was level 8 (ish.)

If you say, "who's Talan?" Then just take my word that it was a looong time ago.

Makashi

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 04:52:03 am »
Take care and best wishes for the future.

s0ulz

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 06:07:22 am »
Take Care Polak, hope everything works out the best for you.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 07:25:27 am »
Take care man :)

Leanthar

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 08:09:58 am »
Good luck and stop by when you get a chance or some time.

Filatus

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 08:13:46 am »
Take care and good luck.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 08:17:21 am »
Quote from: Talan Va'lash

Remember that time we locked ourselves into Storan's crypt and as we stood there waiting for the invisibility to run out and began to embrace the inevitable... we thought of a hair-brained scheme.. which worked? Then smug with the feeling of cheating death we went to the ogre cave to mine topaz and promptly died stupidly.

*Wipes away tears.*

I know our playing times haven't meshed so well in the last year, but I will always remember the moments between Ramanon and Lalaith. Whether its one like mentioned above (when we actually liked you ;) )  or the time when Lalaith gave Ram a nice scar to remember her by, I've always enjoyed the RP we've had.

Good luck in your future en devours.  Not that you'll need it, as your head is already in the right place, and from what I know of you, you'll do great.

All the best,

Katrina aka Lala

D Blaze

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 08:25:59 am »
It was always nice playing with you buddy, you will be missed greatly... take good care of your family, and I hope all goes well..

Shadowblade225

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 09:41:38 am »
What D Blaze said.  Take care man and the best of luck with everything. :)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 10:43:51 am »
And so passes another of the great yet subtle evils from the lands of Layonara. I'm going to miss your kind of bad, Polak.

Take care of yourself.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 11:02:37 am »
Take care, and all the best in the future.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 12:39:28 pm »
I always enjoyed your RP as well, you will be missed for sure and everything you did and all of your influence certainly did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.  Take care and good luck.

akata

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 01:43:19 pm »
Take care and good luck :)

Halfwit Genious

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 01:49:53 pm »
Best of luck man! Hope you do well and have a great time.

Dezza

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 08:13:11 pm »
You realise you have said this before Polak...you just can't stay away!
Only time will tell heh.

Have fun!