The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Fond Farewell  (Read 1459 times)

Carillon

A Fond Farewell
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:39:05 am »
Hi everyone,

I have to say ... it's been a great run! That said, this post is to let the community know that I have just stepped down as a GM. The decision to retire was actually some months in the making, but I stayed on a little longer to make sure my work with Center rolled out smoothly, and to finish off my last commitments to CDQ requests.

Time. If only we all could have enough! But with my university days over and my full time job becoming more full time by the day, I know in my heart that I don't have the time for the responsibilities of GMing anymore, and it is time to step aside.

My deepest thanks to the community. You are what makes GMing here worth the time we give up. So thanks, for your commitment and passion to the world, for your creativity on quests and during every day roleplay, and for all the support you give the GMs as we try our best to weave stories for you, puppeteer a dozen NPCs at once, and keep the monsters on a short enough leash that you can at least try to solve the world's problems in a non-combative fashion. Mine were always a little unruly, and apologies to whoever they took a swipe at accidentally during a quest. I do seem to recall a few strand refunds during my tenure ... ;-)

I can say with honesty, it has been my sincerest pleasure to eavesdrop on all your RP conversations, snoop through your character's backpacks and leave the occasional surprise, bash you on the head with the XP wand from time to time, and torture your characters through development quests!

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

~Carillon

RollinsCat

Re: A Fond Farewell
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:13:38 pm »
We'll miss you - I hope you can sneak Jaelle back on from time to time...

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:39 pm »
Thankyou for serving us as a GM, you will be missed.

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:42:05 pm »
IT was a real pleasure to be on the few of your quest i was able to do go on.

Filatus

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:48:43 pm »
Shame I never got the opportunity to join one of your quests.

I hope to still see you ingame as a player though, would be a sore loss otherwise.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 08:28:26 pm »
I will miss you!  Thank you for the CDQs!  Each has helped me define Tyra.  :)

Zoogmunch

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 04:56:47 am »
many thanks from my bunch of characters too. Hope you might get time to return, myabe just with your own characters from time to time.

Zoogmunch

davidhoff

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:16:37 pm »
I remember that Island quest where all these nice island people were having this summer harvest festival and we ended up hacking everyone dead and burning their houses..pretty wild and memorable.

Thanks for gm'g and hope to see one of your char's in game!

Chazzler

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:35 pm »
Thank you for your continuous efforts as a GM, hoping to still see your characters around :)

willhoff

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 04:01:17 pm »
You're one of the best story tellers out there.  I enjoyed your quests because you always strived to give them a deep backstory.  Still have that kimona from the poem contest.

Hope to see you in game with your characters!

minerva

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 06:24:14 pm »
Many thanks for all your work and taking on Sophia's CDQ.

Tanman

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 08:04:21 pm »
I never got to go on your quests but I have heard they were good!. Stay in touch.

silverdraco

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 01:04:42 pm »
I can't think of anything to say, So I will let this picture comment I got from an other site say it for me.

Shiokara

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »
Quote from: davidhoff
I remember that Island quest where all these nice island people were having this summer harvest festival and we ended up hacking everyone dead and burning their houses..pretty wild and memorable.

Thanks for gm'g and hope to see one of your char's in game!

Don't forget that they were crazy mushroom people; they had to die. They melted their friend, the merchant, into a goo pile. Think of the chickens!

But seriously, Carillon, you will be missed. It didn't matter if it was character approving, quest running, relief running (rebuilding the Leringard Arms, for example), or CDQing, you took it all on. That is seriously impressive. Thank you.

Rit Rugged

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:11 pm »
    Thanks for all your hard work RL does have to come first more's the pity

Drizzlin

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 05:49:30 am »
    Thanks for all the time and work you put in. I wish I could have spent some time with you as a DM!

You made my rp in game always exciting and fun.

Thank you!

Link092

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 04:14:25 pm »
    D:

Well, Hope you swing in more often then I do.. I don't understand how you could GM in university and not after... >.> I can't even get time to take care of the house... the books are stacking everywhere! D:

Though i haven't been on any thing recently, My CDQ that you ran for me was probably my best layonara memory. Luck alone (almost) got me through what you deemed "minute-chance of success". :3

anyhow, Wish you luck with all your endeavors. Caio. :D

anything