The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Good Post  (Read 277 times)

merlin34baseball

A Good Post
« on: May 03, 2007, 03:50:40 am »
This is not a post for rants,

This is not a post for raves,

This is a post,

A post for the Most,

Bah, enough with the bad attempt at poetry.

Any how, this is a post for people to tell the world the cool and exciting things that have happened to them lately.

The good, the fun, the silly.

The in game stuff that keep you coming back.

I think there are some people, as in The Team, that need to hear that their efforts are appreciated.

So...

The other night I was killed in the depths of the Broken Hope cave.  As I lay there dead (still watching everything) the door opened...

And out walked monks.... scary monks... they walked around my body and waited as I could hear the party trying to rest to raise me...

I was sitting there just panicked, worried that my party, Rose, Silver, Krys, and Clarissa were just going to walk right into the trap!  Nothing I could do since I was dead...

The party handled them raised me and we were off... but, thank you to the GM who took the time to make my heart race a bit.

Next...

Mylindra and Tyrian were comming out of the opal cave when Ty noticed webs all over the trees in the forest...

Out came a mass of spiders...

Tyrian of course fireballed the web and I think I got something like the following from the GM:

You destroyed the last of the web... AND everything in it.

So...  We missed something cool cause Tyrian likes to destroy things.

Tonight....

I had the best time wandering around fishing.

Balazar, Rose, Mandalorian, Uvhe, Nemo and Ty went fishing.

So much fun, just the RP.  They were trying to teach us women how to bait a hook!  So entertaining. And the wemic...

Saw an awesome temple that I had never seen and caught a pike.

I know this is rambling and stupid, but, I think there are people who need to know, to hear, that their efforts are appreciated.

My Thanks,
Merlin34baseball

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Chongo, ShiffDrgnhrt, Interia_Discordius, Odranoela, bmkbobcat

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: A Good Post
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 04:13:44 am »
I got a few, these happen a WHILE ago, but set in motion one of the most enjoyable series of RP I have had since joining, so much so a CDQ was based off it:

I was leading a party into the Haven Mines not long after the V3 Release.  I had a big set up in the Wild Surge Inn using the PC Quest maker tool.  Out of nowhere Ragrain starts talking to some of the people I gathered there about Pie.

A little bit later when all was said and done in the Surge and we arrived at Haven, I got this from one the GM that was watching:
"That was the most elaborate party gathering I have ever seen" and even handed out a bit of love, XP Wand style.

Dude, you know who you are.  Thanks

Same day, same Trip, after I emerge from HAven with everyone alive and kicking, low and behold a lil girl named Sarah walks outta the cave all bloodied and bruised.  We heal her talk to her, learn she lost her dolly in the cave, and then one of the Gnolls find it fitting to come out and kill her.  I go on a rampage, drag the whole party into fighting an army (no exageration) of gnolls (and win) and set in motion my PC Shiffs never ending Saga of Nightmares and Dillusions whose search for a "cure" is now my First CDQ.

Props, Kudos, Income Tax Returnsm, and two of my Soul Strands...  all to the DM who set that loose on my RP life.

Thanks Guys.

bmkbobcat

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:31:18 am »
    I must heartily agree; I had a complete blast this evening just wandering around discovering new areas, meeting new people, and looking for "Fffffrrrrish", as Gvhe would say.

Thank you to all those who made my day a complete joy!

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:45:07 am »
    I've never really quite got out and said it, although I posted almost every occurance in my CDT and gushed to people in Tells, I -love- the Te'thalus' Tome quest. I was stuck with one of the keys for some time, and sheesh, I really felt like I had something important. Being hunted never felt so ... real :P

Ton of fun to roleplay in and of itself though. I don't know how many times I've wished I could cast trueseeing by now ;)

To every DM who has thrown an impromptu at me, to every DM who has made me growl when I lost a soul strand, to every DM who has been patient with me when I was being long-winded in my request, and to every DM who had to sit and listen to me chatter endlessly about my ideas...

I thank you :)

Because you guys listen, and that's a tough thing to find in this world nowadays.

LordCove

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 06:57:11 am »
    *hands Kinai a tissue, patting her back*

There there lass....feeling cheesy are we?
    *smirks*

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 06:59:09 am »
    Hah! Look who is talking :) **takes the tissue and hands Sal the whole box**

I don't say thanks enough, so I thought I'd give it my best shot ;)
    Beat me at it! Do it! Post, post, post!

Dezza

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 06:21:32 pm »
    Sorry Pseudo, I know this encounter was a bit 'all over the shop' but I found it hilarious in the end.

Dogboy the Halfling Rogue, Leisa the budding assasin and Virtue the er...merry evildoer walking in the gloom woods.

The mighty G'ork wanders past typically splattered in zombie gore and takes offense as Virtue calls out a merry hello and laughs happily.

G'ork follows the group and challenges Virtue for 'laughing at him'. As Leisa and Dogboy take position behind G'ork ready to drop him at Virtues command. Virtue promptly turns and runs from G'orks mighty axe.

Cheated of his kill G'ork turns around and promptly takes out his frustration on Leisa and also Virtue who he finds hiding behind a tree.  He then proceeds to chase Dogboy around and around the gloom woods until the wily little halfling finally manages to evade him.

Absolutely priceless.

It led to some interesting RP when Leisa and Virtue next met. Leisa actually had to make a deal with someone else for Virtues life to be spared from her blades. Now they are wary companions one again.

Oh and Dogboy who has warrants out for his arrest in Dreger is now gathering his fellow underworld figures for revenge on G'ork. hehe

Fun, fun, fun isnt that what its all about!!!

Pseudonym

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23:05 pm »
    *coughs* Ahem ... well ... he wasn't running, he was seeking a tactical terrain advantage ... seeking in circles ... the squealing bit was, ummmmm ... to divert attention so you could get away??

Anyways, I am not a big laugh-out-loud kinda guy in RL (more your quiet chuckle bloke) but an incident recently had me with tears in my eyes. Funny enough, it was involving a stuff up with the AI.

I was running a quest and everything up until that point had gone relatively smoothly. The party had been hired to prevent disruption at a wedding and right at the end of the quest with the groom and the bride finally exchanging vows, something went wrong with the factions and in the middle of the ceremony Eldarwen's Mithril Golem summons went nuts and killed all the onlookers in attendance. Some would look at it as a disastrous/bugged ending to a quest that broke immersion and all that ... but I swear, I have never laughed louder. My wife actually came downstairs to see if I was okay.

My point? It's a game and it can be, regardless of what you might read in the forums, the best dam n fun you'll have in your day!

Polak76

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 07:39:24 pm »
    Quote from: Pseudonym
    *coughs* Ahem ... well ... he wasn't running, he was seeking a tactical terrain advantage ... seeking in circles ... the squealing bit was, ummmmm ... to divert attention so you could get away??

Anyways, I am not a big laugh-out-loud kinda guy in RL (more your quiet chuckle bloke) but an incident recently had me with tears in my eyes. Funny enough, it was involving a stuff up with the AI.

I was running a quest and everything up until that point had gone relatively smoothly. The party had been hired to prevent disruption at a wedding and right at the end of the quest with the groom and the bride finally exchanging vows, something went wrong with the factions and in the middle of the ceremony Eldarwen's Mithril Golem summons went nuts and killed all the onlookers in attendance. Some would look at it as a disastrous/bugged ending to a quest that broke immersion and all that ... but I swear, I have never laughed louder. My wife actually came downstairs to see if I was okay.

My point? It's a game and it can be, regardless of what you might read in the forums, the best dam n fun you'll have in your day!

Hehhe..you missed the best bit.

It went something like this:

Alandric: Hmmm, interesting.  That could be considered as murder wouldn't you agree?
    Sasha: Lady Eldarwen, I'll ask you to remain right there for the militia to get here.

I thought Sasha's line was timely.  Everyone was sort of quiet as we had just watched Eldarwens Golem kill everything (even though we all new it was a bug, but hel, how can we work this into RP), then Sasha came out with that bravery... I loved it!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 07:52:34 pm »
    There was this one time.... oh! and this other time..... and then this happened..... and another time....

Good gods..... I have far too many stories and incidents to fit into this merry little post.....

Maybe I'll stick to something recent.

Steel and Hardragh, the two hardy warriors they are, decide they need something better to do than dig clay and sand. Hardragh could use some iron, so they decide, "Hey, why don't we see what we can get out of the Haven mines."  

Long story short they both leave the mines sprinting with gnolls warriors hot on their tail and Hardragh commenting, "You know, this really wasn't worth it for only TWO nuggets of iron!" Steel could only agree as he eventually slit the throats of the last few gnolls chasing them.

Thanks to the GM who threw a couple of smarter-than-average gnolls at us to keep us guessing.

darkstorme

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 09:08:10 pm »
    I've got a couple, some very old, some newer.

Kell was out fishing and writing in his journal the other day (he has a preferred spot to do this), when he (finally) perceived a half-orc warden standing immediately behind him, bow strung.  He did his best to keep it cool, but the warden out-cooled him, and eventually strode off into the woods.  My thanks to Coyote for that one.

Back a bit further, this one was just a group of friends, and one of Kell's first attempts at brewing (having seen the raging success that it was, he has further explored this most interesting of professions.)  Kell, Galan and Timulty were all out after some copper from the Red Lights (a much dicier proposition these days. ;) )  Paladin and bowman would stand watch while the mage prepared his spells, and deeper still the trio went, until finally they had to fight a retreating battle back up out of the cave, emerging half-dead and partially roasted by a fireball thrown in close proximity to rid ourselves of a few stragglers.

The group limps their way over to the Surge, and Kell, innocently enough, offers some fresh-brewed Black Knight Malt to his companions, to get over the injuries they took.  How was HE supposed to know that the big, strapping paladin couldn't hold his ale?  (And after he took a shot as well, how was he supposed to know that the Black Knight Malt is about 190-proof?)  Soon Galan was dancing with Eiribag, Kell was singing, and Timulty was passed out on the floor.  Good times were had by all!

*grins*  I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 09:49:05 pm »
    When I first came to this server 3 years ago, one made my day when Garent decided to badger Rakish about his drowness and tell him to leave town... causing him to make the Jarvis Creed suit and alibi.  Over the next few weeks, he tormented poor Garent by sneaking into "his house" (that old empty quest house in Hlint) to steal his silverware and also his twin swords... and supervised him throwing them into the lake.  Poor Garent ran out to dive in the pond the next morning to fish them out. :D  After that, Rakish was in a quest where some foul necromancers were causing the crypt to spout clouds of red necromantic fog.  Rakish and Chanda were dancing in it gleefully as the adventurers in the crypt tried to put an end to it.  Then the GM notice him there and started zapping us with negative damage...  Rakish then took it upon himself to actually try and huff the fog for a buzz, and he got his with a death spell.  Thanks to his Spell Resistance, it failed, then again, and again.  When it finally hit, Rakish made a will save, which he failed.  This resulted in him going mad for a few years, and developing a severe multi personality disorder where the human mask and the skull mask began talking to him and taking over at times when he wore them.

Never had such a fun quest, totally made the character 10x more fun playing at that point!

Chazzler

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 03:42:54 am »
    I have one as well, would be more but due to the early hour I don't recall but one.
    Godim was visiting Hlint after the release of V3, and decided he should brew some alchemical fires and cure essences while he was near Moraken's Tower, so that he could be rid of the extra baggage. I was idly crafting, while I notice that Moraken "stealthily slithers" behind me and addresses me :D , I was so surprised at this, and Godim had a small chat with the man while crafting away. Was much fun, thanks to the GM who controlled him. Heh.

anything