The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: To Harlas and the Main Plot Team  (Read 909 times)

Chongo

To Harlas and the Main Plot Team
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:11:23 pm »
I've only been on three of these now, but I just wanted to say - it makes the server feel different and I really appreciate your efforts.  When you bring in a plot that has the authority to dictate world events, it really makes everybody's heads turn in the same direction.  And it's neat to have that community-wide direction.

Even if we end up killing each other.  O.o

Haven't felt like this in-game for a while.  Pretty neat stuff.  Thanks.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: To Harlas and the Main Plot Team
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:16:47 pm »
You started killing eachother?!

Pibemanden

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:19:49 pm »
Yeah this was the best quest I have been on for a long while, I actually think it is one of the best quests, and I must say that all of the other quests I have been on have been great but this just topped all of them! :)

Kudos to Harlas and to all the other DMs out there who make the server feel alive!

Script Wrecked

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 09:25:17 pm »
Perhaps its a measure of the significance of the possible outcomes to our world of these major plot events that we feel a part of that we are willing to use such methods.

Stirling job, guys.

I've always thought it is the quality of the DM-manship that gives a PW its soul.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Serissa

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:27:08 pm »
Awesome!

Lord Dark

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:26 pm »
I have to agree, it was great! Lost a soul strand when hit about 3 times but I thought it was worth it... that's just part of the risk and the price to pay for the fun. :) Great job you all, lets have a couple more in the future!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 09:30:34 pm »
I clearly missed something awesome...

LordCove

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 09:32:14 pm »
Agreeing here.

Did not see the Fisty armour and sword coming for Sall.. hehe... nor Sasha's new-found Elemental summoning tricks.

And the whole arguement of who gets the Tear and fight at the end was just like LoTR's. Had a brilliant feel to it.
And Abi... geesh!..... hehe

Classic stuff!  :)

Lynn1020

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 10:02:59 pm »
Agree!!  It was a blast. Had Emie pulled in many directions there at the end.  Lots of fun!  Thanks for all the work Harlas and other GMs that helped out with it.

Dezza

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 12:26:28 am »
Dido to Chongo's original post here!

Harlas did a magnificent job of coordinating that quest with so many people wanting to be a part of it and being actively involved.

I also want to congratulate everyone on the RP it was excellent and never let up for the entire time even during the wrap up heh.

I haven't enjoyed as much nor been as frustrated as much myself on a quest like that for a while heh.

Oh and I also figure that being killed by Abiorn was a compliment :P

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 03:24:32 am »
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Once I got into this plot series I haven't looked back.

stragen

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 03:43:44 am »
I wish I could have stayed involved.  Not soon, but sometime I'll be back.
-Stragen

Leanthar

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 10:22:31 am »
Good job! :)

jrizz

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 04:12:11 pm »
Ditto Ditto! I love that this is going on and what is happening and even if I cant be at all of the quests I am trying to be involved as best I can. I was traveling for work for two weeks and I knew I would not be in game much so I sent Wren to Kuhl to learn what he could (it was all done by posts and PMs) and just before the last quest I got on and passed the information to as many folks as I could hoping it would make it to the folks on the plot quest. So my point is even if you cant be there you can be involved.