The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Happy farewell  (Read 341 times)

jrizz

A Happy farewell
« on: September 15, 2008, 01:35:54 pm »
I am stepping down from the GM team. It has been so much fun being a GM for all of you. Thank you all for the energy that you have brought to my quests. I am doing this now because I feel I dont have the time to commit to quests that it takes and needs to be a good GM. I will still be playing though and maybe more so ;).

Being a GM is not an easy task on Layo. Not only is there so much you need to know but the player base is very sophisticated and that means you had best be on your toes at all times as a GM. By the end of some of my quests I would just log and pass out from the amount of multi tasking it took. Please keep in mind that most of the time there is only one GM there and he or she is trying to track all text (many times in multi locations), use a plethora of tools to call forth this beast or that NPC, play the NPCs, turn area spawns on and off, balance and re balance encounters, and set the mood and stage. All of this is after a couple of hours of set up. Be nice to them they work really hard.

Thank you all,
Jrizz - Happy

Drizzlin

Re: A Happy farewell
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 05:00:10 pm »
You will be missed as a GM among the community.

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 05:08:28 pm »
Been fun Happy!  Hope to play with you more as a player now, but thank you for all you did :)

Lynn1020

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 05:12:31 pm »
Yes thank you for all you have done and you will be missed as a GM!!!  But look forward to seeing you in game as a player more.

One of the best quest I had been on was one done by you.  Randi and Malkor was trying to heal a boy by removing a ward that was around him.. and ended killing him by doing so and watched him die in her arms. You should have seen the look on my face! That was a great quest! :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:16:27 pm »
It was a pleasure questing on your quest, when I could make it.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 12:09:17 am »
Thank you, J, for your enthusiasm and sincere desire to make this place better.

Drizzlin

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 04:22:48 am »
Quote from: Lynn1020
Yes thank you for all you have done and you will be missed as a GM!!!  But look forward to seeing you in game as a player more.

One of the best quest I had been on was one done by you.  Randi and Malkor was trying to heal a boy by removing a ward that was around him.. and ended killing him by doing so and watched him die in her arms. You should have seen the look on my face! That was a great quest! :)

ACK, I forgot it was Happy who was guilty of that quest!

jrizz

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 01:01:04 pm »
Quote from: Lynn1020

If you remember you guys did not just kill him but he exploded all over Randi :) I remember you sending me a tell and all it said was "OMG did I just blow him up"

Grid Blader

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 06:44:19 pm »
Thank you Happy for everything.  It was an honor to be in you Quests.

Chazzler

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 10:16:22 am »
Thank you for the good times on your quests!

anything