The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A suggestion for future Layo  (Read 203 times)

Skywatcher

A suggestion for future Layo
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:54:33 pm »
I was thinking today that it would be a shame for the people of Layo that cannot afford to pay for a pay to play game to have to miss out on the future Layo game.  I know you can't give out any information on the pricing scheme or how it would be managed but I thought I would make a suggestion for consideration.  Just some food for thought as you continue in your development.

The idea is one of "scholarships."  I know that throughout the history of Layo there have been the x% of the population that sent in donations so that many others could play for free.  This includes all of the server costs born by L and others.  One thing that might be cool in the future would be for someone who played the future game to volunteer to pay an extra subscription cost that could be applied at the administrator's discretion to someone who would want to play but couldn't afford to pay.  How to verify need would be the hard part I guess but if a scheme could be worked out to verify the fact that someone could not afford to pay based on age or income or something then it would be cool to incorporate the generosity that has always been part of Layo into the new game.  Just some random brainstorming for you to chew on.

Leanthar

Re: A suggestion for future Layo
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 06:07:26 pm »
*nods in agreement* Yeah, we are researching multiple methods and actually have at least one that will help with the exact situation you described in the post.

We are fully aware that some can not pay with cards etc and we are trying to allow for flexibility when and where we can. Sorry, can't say anything more at this time as way too much is still up in the air.

Skywatcher

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 06:48:32 pm »
That's what I figured you would have to say.  Thanks for considering the idea.  :)

DiegoBastet

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:28:09 am »
Just please, don't make me have to import the game. It is a nightmare!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:35:39 am »
I'm sure one of us would have no problem mailing you it if it came to that

DiegoBastet

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 11:50:29 am »
Oh my, Layo people always nice!

anything