The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A travelling bazaar!  (Read 173 times)

Pen N Popper

A travelling bazaar!
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:56:14 pm »
Dream of opening an ingame shop?
First Friday Fair at Stormcrest

As much as I try, I cannot resist doing more than just hacking at giants ingame.  It is a curse, a plague, a feebleness of the mind.  So...

One thing about running a shop is that when there's no one around, it gets pretty boring.  You're standing there twiddling your thumbs when you suddenly get a whiff of an adventure afoot.  Do you join them and abandon your RP post?  If you do, you might miss that RP that is walking down the path just out of sight.  If you don't, you will likely kick yourself later as your buddies are leveling and you're dreaming of new PCs to submit for approval.

There is a solution provided to us by the very capable Layonara development team:  [lore]PC Quest System NPC and Chests[/lore].  See this image for an example of what is possible:  Dubbel's Store.

Here's what I'm thinking:  A group of RP-minded players band together and form a travelling market.  The goods in the chests would be RP items (foods, ales, pipeweed, etc.).  If you were there in person (between adventures) you could hawk your more durable goods.  Remember that the chests are not persistent across resets, nor are there any safeguards to theft since payment would be by the honor system.

I have some more ideas for this but following my own advice I'll think big and start small.
  • Partner with an existing PC-run business
  • Send out bird messages with the week's menu and small tidbits about the vendors
  • Have the paperboy sell the menu
  • Work towards establishing a new tavern in a location like the Thundervalley Crossroads

The following users thanked this post: Tobias, Grid Blader, Gulnyr, Lareth, Lance Stargazer, Zoogmunch

Pen N Popper

Re: A travelling bazaar!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:09:10 pm »
First bird menus sent out to a handful of random names on the server list (and Acacea because she just likes getting mail).

Chazzler

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:43:59 am »
Chakar's PieCrates are coming back soon, to Stormcrest Crossroads and Thunder Valley Crossroads, keep an eye out!

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 09:21:21 am »
Just a reminder that there usually is a Chakar's FoodstuffsCrate of the Traveling Bazaar at Stormcrest :)

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 08:01:44 pm »
The Traveling Food Crate of Chakar's is back at the ever bustling bazaar of Stormcrest Crossroads.

cbnicholson

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 10:55:54 am »
Erm..How old are some them pies, Chakar?
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Chazzler

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 12:28:23 pm »
That is a trade secret

Chazzler

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:33 am »
Chakar's food crate will be back once again today, NO STEALING DAGNABBIT!