The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: About Interia...  (Read 611 times)

LynnJuniper

Re: About Interia...
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 12:59:30 pm »
Sorry to hear about the animosity between you and your parents. I wish I could say it gets a bit better as you get older , but alas. They care about you though, and you have to always keep the other side of the argument in mind and try to remain rational. Its hard I know, but...

Good luck with everything Interia. Wishing you well.

Xirion

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »
yes ondeed, remaining rational is hard during such an argument. It often helps to think about it afterwards and try after everyone has had enough time to calm down to talk over what happened.
One the one hand during the argument and on the other hand maybe even the rason for the argument.

My best wishes and I hope you can sort this out,

See you when you are back!

iceyfire

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 03:23:11 pm »
Poor thing :(, you have my support and best wishes during all of this, i know personally how hard such things can be and now i am in a position where im the one at the top of the house hold.

I am sure they are just concerned about you, and i suppose you have probably missed a ton of school due to these problems, but really school is important but not more important than your health as classes and all of that can be made up, college is available for all of those other needs in getting where you want to be in life.

Shouting is really not the answer, usually i find the teary approach to be the best solution, since it shows more towards how you feel, then again i dont know your parents so im probably not really giving the best advice hun :(.

Sit down with them rationally, talk with him, explain to him how much it hurts, explain to him exackly how you feel, tell him the results of what would happen if you were back at school and you felt the pain etc.
Try your best to make them understand in a calm and rational matter.

The pc is something that allows you to forget about your problems yes, and if overused it can become a problem, its good that you are able to stop and leave it, but remember that you do need to be able to unwind, you do need to be able to relax and sometimes its even good to escape reality.

Anyway i rant and ramble to much, you have my best wishes and i hope you sort it out in a way that pleases you both.

Goodluck dear

the.fall.within

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 04:36:21 pm »
    Sorry to hear about that :( I hope things all work out and you're in that game soon!

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 08:08:49 pm »
    Here's the new update...

I can use the comp from 8pm-9pm from now until the 25th of October. The deal is, if I can catch up on all my homework, attend school regularly (like that'll be happening unless the pain goes away), and be a good girl in general...I can use the comp from 7pm-9pm from the 26th of October. The newer rules on that are I need to practice piano for 20 mins each day, do all my work, maintain a grade above 3.5 GPA, and again be a good girl in general.

The iron fist hits when the rules of never touching any games again come in...Otherwise, if I keep up on all of his "requests," I can use the comp at any time for as long as I need...Breaking a single rule will drop me back down to 1 hour a day.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 08:10:43 pm »
    Also, sorry for the double post, I really don't need advice. The rule in this house is if my parents say something, I listen without any word against them...Even if they're being unfair as all humans make mistakes. If I do say something, I get to lose something important.

I admit I went completely overboard before, but you know, I was getting sick of him telling me to go back to school while I lay curled up on the couch and sobbing because the pain was so bad. I was in no shape for it.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 08:11:14 pm »
    Heh...reminds me of the time where my father (Who hasn't lived with me since I was three) devised the "Two hours a day on the computer" rule...

My advice: Just go with it and pretend your fine.

In about 3 weeks my mom changed it to "One hour on two hours off"

and in another 2 weeks my mom just gave up caring.

Alternatively. Pay for your own internet. Then they can't take it away.

Serissa

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 06:49:26 am »
    Kinai, endometriosis is the pits, and it's not easy to keep it under control.  You already know distraction helps with the pain--ie Layo.  Consider taking your parents up on the psych help, and insist on someone who can teach you relaxation and even self-hypnosis techniques to find other ways to deal with pain.  Yoga is another possibility.  Even a good massage helps, because pain in one place tenses the whole body, which then feeds back more pain into the area of hurting.  Find what works for you now.  It will help a lot in getting your life back on track.

Love--Granny Serissa

Hellblazer

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 11:17:59 pm »
    Keep your chin up do what you need to do to get back in shape, health and all.

anything