The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Absent for a while  (Read 1053 times)

Dorax Windsmith

Absent for a while
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:32:20 pm »
Hey all, just wanted to keep anyone who is wondering up to date.  So my hard drive failed and I've been unable to play for the last couple of weeks. It really isn't a great time for that to happen cause I'm also really busy with:1)  Retiring from the Navy2)  Moving to Valdosta, GAI probably won't resolve the computer issue until after I get to Georgia, so I won't be playing for a little while.  Anyway if you are looking for Gunder, Vladimir, Grogmegor, or Arvan, just send me a PM and I'll answer as soon as I can.Dorax (aka Anthony)

willhoff

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:08:36 pm »

Thanks for the update.  You'll be missed while your gone but we'll keep the lights on for you!

gilshem ironstone

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 05:28:11 am »

Good luck with the big changes! 

mixafix

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 09:07:38 am »

Interesting times indeed, hope it all goes well. Hope theres a hard drive on its way to you and we will hear from your PCs soon.

Brutus_Clawfoot

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 10:10:00 am »

By Borris's standards Grog will be sorely missed!  All too many times  Grogmegor has saved Borris's undeserving (Edited: ;-) --gluteus maximus) with hardly anything in return except for an occasional fart!

By my standards, I would like to thank you for your service. It's because men and women like you who choose to defend freedom and liberty that people like me can participate in such an exchange of ideas and creativity as this. I am grateful.

As far as your move is concerned, hopefully this one will be a more permanent one for you, and don't eat too many (Edited: ;-) --Darn) peaches! Leave a few for the rest of us will you?

Safe travels my friend. I hope to see you back soon. 

miltonyorkcastle

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 03:47:37 pm »

Thanks for the heads up! We will be looking for you and your return!

Ravemore

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 07:55:16 pm »

:-) Brutus.. Edited a couple of your words. Hope you don't mind....  ;-)

Pibemanden

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 11:32:46 am »

Best of luck with the move and adjusting to your new civilian status :)

Aphel

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 10:00:23 am »

I wish you best of luck so all of that all transitions move smoothly.

Ravemore

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 01:45:16 pm »

Hurry back!

bueromatt

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 01:36:54 am »
You had lots of problem I see. Take care of yourself and then come back online. Do not worry too much.

Dorax Windsmith

Okay....I'm finally back,
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 05:23:55 pm »

Okay....I'm finally back, sort of.  I'm getting settled into my new house and my new job here in Valdosta, GA.  I've bought a new computer and it runs Windows 8.  Is this compatible with loading NWN and playing Layo?  I really miss being in game, but am pretty busy learning my new job and adjusting to my new life.  I'd gladly accept some suggestions on how to play on this system.  I still have the Platinum CD and NWN keys.

I will try getting cuught up on the forums over the next few days.

davidhoff

Hey welcome back Dorax...FYI
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 07:41:52 pm »

Hey welcome back Dorax...FYI we're getting xtra xp and gold now for this monthish...not sure when it stops but its on the forums.  Some incentive to get back into game quicker haha...glad you're settling in

Davidhoff

Charm2009

Hi! I just got a new laptop
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 12:50:20 am »

Hi! I just got a new laptop too with Windows8 and it runs the game just fine.

Dorax Windsmith

I loaded the game files from
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 04:27:02 am »

I loaded the game files from my CD and the Layo haks and tlk files, but when I try to launch NWN my computer says there's a compatibility issue.  Any ideas?

Dorax Windsmith

okay, figured it out....I
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 11:44:40 pm »

okay, figured it out....I still needed the NWN patch 1.69.  Loaded up and in game!