The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character Development - State of CDQ and WLDQ  (Read 293 times)

minerva

Character Development - State of CDQ and WLDQ
« on: December 29, 2023, 03:22:06 pm »
It's been just over a month back and I'm quite enjoying it.

I was wondering what  is the state of character development quests.  I know the GM presence/staffing is a bit thin ATM.  I was just wondering that aside from personal satisfaction of telling my girls' stories, if there is any point in keeping a journal or updating Tia and Sophia's old one.  I can't even access much of their old journals with the new forms.   Will a WL be available for Tia or Sophia or maybe even Charlee in coming year(s)?   

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Character Development - State of CDQ and WLDQ
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 12:29:39 am »
Great question! All development quests are still available. You can apply for them on the forums just like in the past. Once approved then it's just a matter of coordinating with an active GM to schedule and run the quests.

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 02:19:35 am »
Are the requirements for WLDQ's still the same?  I recall they were a lot more than just reaching level 20.

You had to be a very active member of the community (as both player and character), be involved in the large world-scale quests as well as a variety of DM events, update your journal often, etc.

I just want to know if any of the requirements back then have toned down a bit, and by how much if possible.  As Minerva pointed out, activity is quite a bit more thin these days, and while I enjoy writing my journals and likely still will, I sometimes wonder what is the point of having Lia muse about becoming one of Layonara's nobility (A title worthy of a WLDQ I believe) if such a thing will never happen because the requirements to get the quest started will always be out of reach.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 10:09:11 pm »
Given that there isn't a major world plot happening right now, I would definitely say that there are other ways of going about showing a character to have an impact on the world. These ways can of course include everything from journals and RP logs to any manner of quest involvement to CDQs designed to build toward something bigger. I would also definitely say being active in the community (which you are, Chuck) is a factor.

And let's face it. We do this stuff for the love of the characters and the world they inhabit, and subsequently for the stories that our characters both make and take part in. So any chance we get to play at those stories, I definitely vote that we take them.

For my part, at the end of February, I catch a break from coaching for about four months, so I plan to schedule and run some quests, and I'd just as soon build those quests around one of your character's ambitions as anything else.

The following users thanked this post: Chuckles_McChuck