The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Accessing old characters in new NWN EE?  (Read 5698 times)

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Accessing old characters in new NWN EE?
« on: December 19, 2022, 08:28:59 pm »
Hey all,

Ancient player here. Was hoping to run around the server and bathe in nostalgia. I installed NWN EE from GOG. Logged in to see that none of my old characters were there.

I read this post: https://forums.layonara.com/important-layonara-announcements/layonara-is-soon-to-be-migrating-to-neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition/msg10452948/#msg10452948

and followed all the steps. No dice. For additional detail:

-I used to play NWN pre-diamond. My old Bioware account "Qui_Z" was played with the three separate CD keys for the three expansions
-I still have those three CD keys
-After buying and installing NWN EE from GOG, the NWN folder doesn't have a cdkey.ini file. I was prompted to type my EE CD key in the first time I used multiplayer, at which point I input the GOG cd key from the website
-Since putting in the GOG cd key, there is still not cdkey.ini file in the NWN root folder
-I created a cdkey.ini file manually and put the three old cd keys in there, and added it to the NWN root folder. Still no dice (also tried renaming it to "nwncdkey")
-I ensured to choose my old player name, case sensitive, when logging onto Layo. Still nothing there.

Any help or ideas to access my old characters would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

davidhoff

Re: Accessing old characters in new NWN EE?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 09:26:35 pm »
Hey Qui_Z,

Please see my post on discord regarding this.  Hope it helps and glad to see you back!

The following users thanked this post: silverblades