The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ahoy! Any RPers in other games these days?  (Read 705 times)

Pen N Popper

Ahoy! Any RPers in other games these days?
« on: July 27, 2017, 10:36:15 pm »
Funny how a great server and community sticks in the mind... magical!I'm @PenNPopper over on Albion Online. Still looking for that "fix" of adrenaline rush RP. Not sure if Albion will work out but it has some of the game mechanics I like from NWN.Best wishes to everyone! 

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Acacea, Makashi

Acacea

I was typing an increasingly
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 03:24:54 pm »

I was typing an increasingly long reply discussing why I don't RP in other games even though I make "lore"-based characters, and what I think of Albion based on what I've read, but then I remembered the question and realized you really didn't ask and probably don't care :)

In short, not really. I've checked out an RP server here and there, but in MMOs RP always feels like an awkward interjection.

PS, hey! Nice to see you still check in now and again. Have you seen the Fortune System ? You accumulate it IG now, and can trade it for gold or XP (among other things). It makes it a lot easier to play an NPC-like shopkeep (ah, the profits from selling those sculptures are in) or a pacifist (learning from running clinic or preaching), without any DM intervention. Or just leveling in less time, which is usually what happens, hehe. Good luck in your RP searches -- RPers everywhere search with you :P

Makashi

I've actually recently
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:05:08 am »

I've actually recently discovered one but it's not quite at the standard of Layonara, and it's in a completely different setting. That being said I've been playing there a few months, and enjoying it. Overall it's well managed with a lot of development still happening. Most importantly - people that don't / can't roleplay, or anyone unable to use grammar end up getting banned very promptly.

https://forum.fiverp.net/ - I'll let you make your own decisions - It's never going to be layonara though. ;)

On a side note on the 14th of Sept - Divinity Original Sin II will be released, I've mentioned before I'll be building a campaign on there. Hopefully I can persuade a few here to try it once it's finished. :)

anything